how many players started out late in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how many players started out late in life

I started out 8 years ago, and I'm still a student now. I used to drop the guitar for quite a while, mostly because I was frustrated in playing those "shred-your-head-off" solos like Hangar 18. I don't want to learn just simple (withought solo) metal songs, so songwise I practically got nowhere. Beside, I've never been in a band, so it's hard for me to learn something "real", I want to get a metronome, but that's still from the feeling of a whole band. Anyway I'm just not a band guy.

Then I picked it up again lately, and I'm glad that I've made quite some progress, and it really makes me want to get serious, write some songs and record a demo some day. The problem is, I study philosophy. This is what I'm ultimately interested in, and I put most of the time on it, so now it's hard for me to suqeeze out that 4 hours practice on the guitar. Well, it's hard to find a balance betweem your job and your interest, and it's even harder to find a balance between an interesting job and an obligatory interest. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: how many players started out late in life

I have owed guitars for about 10 years...maybe more. But I finally got serious with my music about 6 months ago, and have played EVERY day ever since. I am 35 years old. I am not great. I play good rythym (sp), and am trying to figure out solos. But I am happy with what I am doing, and that is what matters. I am trying to form a band, and have a ball. I am very luck to have a supportive husband, who sometimes cooks while I am jammin...Life is good.

Comment

Working...
      X