Harmonics and picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harmonics and picks

My best friend can hit pinch harmonics anywhere and everywhere he wants to in stride. Me, I have to sit and hit the same note for five minutes to pull a meager one not so very often.

As NOTP has stated, playing along the string and find the sweet spot has improved my odds somewhat, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Comment

John Sykes is the MASTER of squeels, yes Even Better than Zakk, he does a pinched harmonic and then OMFG he vibrates with his finger so it sounds like messing with trem bar.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

When you switch picks, you get one that is slightly longer. It's a weird feel because you're used to a certain thickness being at a certain place. With the new pick, you have more pick sticking out than you think, therefor screwing up the appropriate timing that it takes to get a pinch harmonic. Also, a pinch harmonic can be done by first hitting your index finger and then the pick.

Comment

Working...
        X