Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open string noise during sweeping...what the hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: open string noise during sweeping...what the hell.

Another little secret--most of the audio 'grunge' in sweeping comes from the lower strings, so you are often better off getting rid of some of the low-end EQ in your amp setting--that will help de-emphasize the problem sounds in your sweeping, and you don't need that much bottom end for soloing in a mix, anyway.

Comment

Dude, it's a VERY common problem even among the pros. Jennifer Batten (remember her from Michael Jacksons's band with the big hair. She used to sell a stringer dampner which would solve the problem but what I have used in the past especially in the studio is a fuzzy hair tie. I know it sounds stupid, but it works!! Just put it around the neck on the first fret or so. Just enough to mute the open strings.....TRUST me the pros use these tricks too!!

Comment

What works for me is just what Tom and Drip said.When doing say Dokkens "Alone again"I'll back off the low end EQ (dual rectifier solo setting(using a johnson mellinium 150 amp)and moving the thumb and index finger down on the pick.It seems to clean up those nasty unwanted vibrating strings. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

P.S. Thoraby you need to lay off the pipe man you look strung out in your avatar.J/K [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X