Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: String lubrication

I read this on bunnybass:
    You can rub your fingers on the end of your nose *not inside them* and the oils should help your fingers move smoothly across the strings on both hands.

Comment

Boxcar...that sounds like the same stuff. It comes in a round tube and you pop the top off and pull out the applicator...wipe it down the strings and wipe the excess off with the cloth.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

That's the stuff....maybe I should start using that stuff too. My friend can rip circles around me, even if he does play a Fender.

Comment

the reason I asked the question in the first place is because I have very weak calluses. My fingers almost go to the point of bleeding when I get too carried away doing those 2 1/2 bends I like. Lube helps me play faster and keep my calluses from ripping off.

I was actually looking for that GHS thing and I will buy it tomorrow at the Guitar Center in San Francisco. Thanks for the advice.

Pity a few immature posts got on the thread. I dont appreciate that too much in this environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamo:
            I read this on bunnybass:
            You can rub your fingers on the end of your nose *not inside them* and the oils should help your fingers move smoothly across the strings on both hands.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I already said nose grease in my other post. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well i can't be expected to read every single post &gt;.&lt;
              ^.^ either way, it still works.

Comment

Working...
              X