Mastering the Zakk Wylde "squeal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mastering the Zakk Wylde "squeal"

I don't actaully "pinch" the string or anything...i just change the angle at which the pick hits the string...this way you can get them on both up and down strokes...and you can get a cool phaser effect or somethin by playing the same pick hammer on pull off type lick over and over...just like 2 or 3 notes and always make the picked note a harmonic...but each time pick it in a different spot up and down the neck

Comment

Re: Mastering the Zakk Wylde "squeal"

Originally posted by LinaV:
      I watched that Zakk Wylde thingy lol. He mumbles a lot, and i couldn't understand what he was sayig >.< It's from www.guitar.com
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.guitar.com/features/viewf...?featureID=174
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Mastering the Zakk Wylde &quot;squeal&quot;

Word i know that different positions have different harmonics, but i meant the most desirable "squeal" is pretty much in the same position. I usually do the squeal like between the humbuckers with an angle or twist to the pick. I guess for some of you "choking" the pick probely works the same way. In that i mean that your probably changing the angle or twisting the pick. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X