An Easy (he..he) Steve vai song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Easy (he..he) Steve vai song

well the first piece of the fast part is tremolo picking, after that there are some deadly fast hammer on/pull off licks, and then a few speed picking stuff and some rake/sweeps...

somewhere in the fast part of the song he uses the ''trem attack'' technique i don't no exactly where tough..

Comment

oh. whats trem attack?

Comment

pull your tremolo bar backwards and then release it, so it kind of shoots back, in the mp3 section there is a solo of my where i use the technique(somewhere @ 15seconds)

Comment

Thats how i usually use the tremolo. cool

Comment

ah i see

btw what is a swenis? a swedisch penis? hmm i remembered someone said swenis before on the board [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

sweetness. I hope. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[ February 21, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Suck my Kiss ]

Comment

The technique using the floyd rose that Shakeel is talking about is called warbles, flutters, and the dude from Stryper did the humming bird techinque which is the hardest flutter technique out of all in my opinion. I'll post a more clear MP3 with lots of flutterness hehe. Basically there are around 4 ways you can do it:

Pull up on the bar and release it quickly

Push the bar down and release it quickly

Hit the guitar right beind the trem REALLY HARD

Steve Vai does it those 3 ways... plus another which can be seen with Steve Vai playing Tender Surrender live on the Alien Love Secrets DVD or the other one that was downloadable at his site where he bangs on the floyd itself, not the bar or guitar.

Really cool trick though... sounds really cool when you do a scale run and bang on the back of your guitar while doing it to give a strange alien type noise. Also sounds cool when you hit high pitched harmonics Vai style like on the g strings at the 3rd fret. Cool stuff, IMO.

Comment

Oh. Yeah i usually do that. You snap back kind of and it vibrates really fast. It only works hitting it for me if i turn the tremolo backwards.

Comment

Hey thanks for that info word! i never knew how it was called, but my friend told me it's called ''trem attack'' i guess that's wrong info, he needs a kick in the nuts for that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, i was just about to say. Its ****ing easy to do if you just slde your trem arm opposite the fingerboard and snap it with the side of your palm. I thought that effect was called the Purring cat [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Man... you guys and your weird names! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's the mp3 I made real late last night(I think it was late.. I can't remember [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/paulgilb...7/flutters.mp3

1st Flutter is done pulling up on the bar and letting go.

2nd Flutter is done by pushing down and releasing.

3rd Flutter is done by hitting the guitar behind them trem with your fist really hard. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

4th flutter is done hitting the trem.

Then I have this little "jam session" at the end.. lol.. the riffs are from some Dream Theater type material I'm messin around with.. and the little sweeps at the end is just me screwing around. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think it was the third technique or the 4th one where I do a few flutters in a row... but I can't remember.. and can't listen to it right now due to the fact that I have Metropolis in my eyes right now(I'm listening to Dream Theater [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).. excuse the sloppiness.

Comment

Also.. I recorded it with a little solid state amp.. real buzzy but it get's the job done when I don't feel like hauling my Legacy around. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

cool flutters [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

3rd Flutter is done by hitting the guitar behind them trem with your fist really hard. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm 3rd flutter i can't hurt my guitar man [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Can you play FTLOG word?

Comment

Yuppers I can... err... hack my way through it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X