Triplets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Triplets

I use 1.14 purple tortex and .88 green tortex dunlop picks. They both seem to work just fine for me.

I have an easier time doing the gallop thing with a bit thicker strings too. a 49 or 46 set doesn't bode well for me. I have some problems with them..kind of catching and getting pulled as opposed to plucked..by the pick.

I like the ernie ball Heavy Bottom string set. .10-.52 Very nice.

oh yeah, the best thing to do to master teh triplet rhythm is to practice..alot, and masturbate...even more. Worked for me!

Comment

Does someone use Tortex SHARP picks (the "pointy ones", so to say)?
      I sarted using them a week ago and I'm very satisfied...but still I wonder if, in the long run and with assuefaction to this kind of pick, it's the right path to take...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior:
        You can try accenting every 1st note of every triplet/sextuplet. Also, if you really wanna nail your fast rhythms, don't stick to these basic types. Write yourself some nasty rhythms that'll really test your alternate picking. For example, take a full bar of 8th note or 16th note triplets and just randomly remove a few of them, leaving rests in their place.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats exactly how i was taught when i was playing trumpet in jazz band. our director would just draw 2135146143614 16th notes, delete some, make us play, then change it all around. It was annoying as hell back then, since there was no 'groove' , per se, but in the long run helped us out a lot.

...I was all-state trumpet, but i still suck at guitar.

~eric

Comment

haha, yea i see what your sayin... thanks a lot guys.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

forgot to add..

after making random notes, do this excercise i was taught :

count out the base beat in the passage you just wrote (usually 16th notes) out loud.. 1 e + a 2 e + a .....

and CLAP when you're actually playing a note.

helps a LOT.

if you need more elaboration, just tell me

~eric

Comment

yea um, i dont think i caught that one, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] lol...
              I have been working very hard at my speed, and i am coming along great. thanks for all the help guys. this place rules! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X