Picks, revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Picks, revisited

yeahh mate brass picks ruled,the tone was very very full.
    but i have lost the buggers [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] might have to buy a metal detector and search the house

also tried those patent alluminium picks!!!!bloody terrible.the edges bur and make it impossible to sweep.

brass is cool and gives you that brian may fullness to your tone

Comment

If the shark picks you're talking about are the ones that on one side...there are, yeah, basically little sharkfin style rivets in the pick, then I'm agreeing with you that I don't know what they're for, or how you could use a riveted pick that looks like a saw blade. Anyone know?

-Nick

Comment

I play pretty much Gator Grip 2mm for death metal, I need a pick that is there when I need it, and can bash out power chords at high speeds. As for the shark fin picks, I bought one awhile back just because I've always wondered how they worked. Now I've played with it a few times, and if anything, I am even more confused than before. Somebody please tell us the theory/purpose behind these weird things!!

Comment

yea, this is what I meant by sharkfins, I believe they're only refered to as TotexFins

maybe could it be some added bonus for strumming to make chords soung nicer? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          or are you supposed to pick with the pointy edge?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          LOL I have no idea

[ March 15, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: eet_fuk_81 ]

Comment

Duh, it's a pick for blind people man. It spells "Dunlop" in those bumps. Geesh...
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No. It's a combination pick cookie shaper [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just switched to Dunlop Tortex 1.14 mm picks, the purple ones, and I really like them. I used to use the green Tortex picks.

Comment

Anybody remember the Stylus pick? Its for practicing leads (single notes) and not for chords. It was made to force you to use only the tip of the pick as it would dig into the string and hang up if you went too far. I haven't seen them in a few years but I liked the idea. Anybody know if they're still made and if so where to get them?

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Oops, I didn't realize there is a separate thread on the Stylus pick elsewhere in this area. Sorry.

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

i just went to guitar center, and they said dunlop doesnt make tortex shapies anymore, is this true?

Comment

I just bought some the other day, how could they have stopped making sharpies?

Comment

I've uesd the green tortex jazz pick 15 years their the best. Other pick are to big or to thick.

Comment

I've totally converted to the Stubby 2.0 mm (at least for NOW, you know how that goes). I recently bought a couple of Pickboy Edge picks. They're a bit small for me, but some of you guys who like the Dunlop Jazz III might like these.

[ April 03, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: PowerTube ]
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                            X