What can you just NOT play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can you just NOT play?

Malmsteens Trilogy Suite. I don't know what it is. I can rip through Beckers "Perpetual Burn" but Malmsteens alternate picking just frickin kills me.

Comment

That fast litle run thing on the intro to 'Fade To Black', I know I know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
      AND, embarassingly, the intro to 'Sweet Child of Mine'. I learnt it off an impossible tab and its really wrong and hard to play, and I dont really wanna check another tab to see if its the tab thats wrong or me thats ****e. Im not crap on the guitar (modestly, far from it), but that really just has me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Anyone got the correct tab for it?

James

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
        That fast litle run thing on the intro to 'Fade To Black', I know I know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
        AND, embarassingly, the intro to 'Sweet Child of Mine'. I learnt it off an impossible tab and its really wrong and hard to play, and I dont really wanna check another tab to see if its the tab thats wrong or me thats ****e. Im not crap on the guitar (modestly, far from it), but that really just has me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Anyone got the correct tab for it?

James
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A friend of mine was having trouble playing that (the Sweet Child intro) until I pointed out to him that he should BAR the riff with his index finger. The tab didn't show him that. He hasn't had a problem since.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Pretty much anything that Bill comes up with at practice, haha...

I just can't bring myself to play it, haha...

Doh!!

Comment

there's a part on the cowboys from hell solo where it goes like 20p15p12h15p12 on the d string and i cant make the strecth because the heel of the guitar gets in the way and my hand cant stretch that far yet. fortunately itll be much easier when my new guitar finally gets in

Comment

Ah right
              Thanks Powertube mate, Ill try that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              much appreciated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

what can i not play? easy.

anything that requires talent.

Comment

Pretty much anything with sweep-picking...

Comment

Barre the sweet child of mine solo?

If you do that it sustains too much?? I find it best to play it in a one finger on string at any one time style, providing you can move yur fingers quick enough it sounds perfect.

Now things cant play......er, stuff by Buckethead just has me stumped. Some of his earlier hard to get material is just stupid quick.

[ January 30, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                      Barre the sweet child of mine solo?

If you do that it sustains too much?? I find it best to play it in a one finger on string at any one time style, providing you can move yur fingers quick enough it sounds perfect.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, he's not talking about the solo, just the intro/main riff. What I mean is to barre the 1st-4th strings on the 12th fret (if I remember right, there's no guitar in front of me right now), then allow those 12th fret barred notes to ring. Of course, you're still muting it somewhat, but the root notes are meant to ring.

[ January 30, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: PowerTube ]
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Actually I had to learn this recently for a cover band I was jobbing for...I deliberately went 15 years without ever truly learning this song. It is a bar position for the first two on 4, however, to play it cleanly without the strings ringing over, I lift the first finger slightly. This is the only way I can get it to sound correct. When it goes to the third, I only bar 3 strings.. this is all done with very slight movements.. it's should be like a barred 5th on the forth and a D form (barred also) alternating.
                        Keep in mind the sequence and the form changes slighlty for the chorus.

[ January 30, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Yeah thats what i was talking about, the intro. You cant get it to sound right with the barre, as i said you gotta only have the finger ont he string of the note your playing. It sustains too much with the barre. Complicated but sounds great when you nail it.

Comment

There is a great tool for figuring out any difficult song, phrase or solo that some of you may not be aware of. The program is called "Transcribe!" by Seventh String software. It's similar to a phrase sampler for the computer, but even more hip than that. All I can say is check it out as I cannot stress enough that this is great program for learning. You can demo it free for thirty days.

http://www.seventhstring.demon.co.uk

Comment

I actualy found a few programs like that one. My favorite so far is called "Power tab Editor". I have found a lot of songs for it, its just a great program. You guys gotta get it. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X