Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty Friedman - 99 Secret Guitar -- Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman - 99 Secret Guitar -- Any good?

I'm thinking about picking up this DVD... is it worth it?

I've got it.
    It's pretty cool, but alot of it doesn't really interest me. Some of the licks are so short and simple that they didn't really inspire me or show me anything new.....But some of them were sort of like a light bulb that turned on for some new stuff.

It takes a while to go through, but you can skip around from lick to lick. What would have made it alot better would be if the licks were divided into some sort of categories.

If you're a big fan of Marty's style like I am, you'll probably enjoy it.

Comment

I think I would just wind up staring at his right hand the whole time and wondering how in the hell he plays like that. Not to diss Marty, though - I love all his stuff from the Megadeth days.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
        I think I would just wind up staring at his right hand the whole time and wondering how in the hell he plays like that. Not to diss Marty, though - I love all his stuff from the Megadeth days.
        Haha. Yeah, for each lick he does a close up of his fret hand, which is nice. Then he repeats it with a close up of his pick hand and I'm like "you don't expect me to do it like that do you?"
        That dude has some wierd playing technique, but hey I guess it works for him. If nothing else, it makes me feel better about anything wierd that I do when I play.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead28
          Haha. Yeah, for each lick he does a close up of his fret hand, which is nice. Then he repeats it with a close up of his pick hand and I'm like "you don't expect me to do it like that do you?"
          That dude has some wierd playing technique, but hey I guess it works for him. If nothing else, it makes me feel better about anything wierd that I do when I play.
          Same here. All the players I most admire have some pretty strange or "wrong" habits in their playing, so I don't worry quite as much about mine.

Comment

Working...
          X