limits to fitting pickups and batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limits to fitting pickups and batteries

i have an import WRMG which has the turbocharger. sooner or later, i'm going to want to add a sustainiac and may also an EMG or Duncan at the bridge to give the sustainiac some umpfh. assuming that the sustainiac will take preference, what implications would be imposed on which pickup i put at the bridge and would i have to lose the turbocharger? i'm concerned about the space in the control cavity. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: limits to fitting pickups and batteries

I suppose the sustainiac would need a battery of its own? I've heard that they suck a lot of juice...

I think you should be able to keep the turbocharger regardless of what pickup you put in there. I've been told that they work with both passive and active pickups, and in such a case, they could probably run off the same battery as an active pup (although you could probably just e-mail EMG and ask them directly - they are very helpful, btw).

I hope this made sense. It is kinda late. =)

Comment

Re: limits to fitting pickups and batteries

if i just go for the sustainiac for now - parts and labour - £200? or more? god i hope they don't chop wood out!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
      X