silly pick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly pick question

So I was thinking about this the other day. With all the talk on this forum about guitars and amps, I have never really asked about probably an over looked topic.. picks.
    Being the ever inquisitive person I am, I have a question about.... picks.

Are certain picks better for playing certain styles of music? I know a lof of acoustic guys use really soft picks, while a lot of metallers use rather hard picks. Why is that? We tried out a guitarist who was playing some pretty cool metal stuff with a rather soft pick. Sounded kind of like when you shuffle a deck of cards when he played something fast, otherwise it sounded pretty good.

Currently I play the red jazz 3's, and the seem to be working pretty well with one exception. I am having difficulties trem picking or playing anything fast. I have pretty good accuracy with the little red Jazz 3's, however whenever I try to play anything fast I find myself getting caught up on the strings. I am not sure if it comes from my technique, which I will admit needs some working on, or the pick.

Ya so that is more than one question, but what are you thoughts in general about why a certain pick is better for a certain style of music than another... also if anyone has any ideas for my little dilemma, that would be nice as well.

Thanks,

GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: silly pick question

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#520497

Comment

Re: silly pick question

Ya you are right.. I was reading through that and I just realized I can post my question in that thread..

Sorry... please delete this Admins..

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
      X