Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding arpeggios

http://www.chadcoggin.com/vids/SlidingArp.wmv

the sliding arpeggio that he had on that video was pretty sweet but can anyone show me any cool ones for a minor application?

Re: Sliding arpeggios

Link is dead for me......
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Dude can play!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I've got a little lick I do with some sliding arpeggios. I stick with the top 3 strings, though. Sounds cool, I should come up with some more of that stuff.

Comment

The 1st part of that lick was in C major 7th. As soon as he slides up to the 15th fret on the high E string, he's playing A minor 7th.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

gratitude

lol! yep the old boy can play-take your time and learn all the triads/then 7th/add 9's/ect and sliding around will be easy when you know where to travel too.

Comment

Re: gratitude

[ QUOTE ]
              lol! yep the old boy can play-take your time and learn all the triads/then 7th/add 9's/ect and sliding around will be easy when you know where to travel too.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Check out Greg Howe, he is all over the place! Kmanick was just showing me some stuff - was never into it - and damn am I impressed.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Howe is a killer player, but ya gotta like "fusion" or he gets old quick.
                  "Introspection", "Uncertain Terms" and "Parallax" are all great Cds, and James they are all on their way to your house [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  the tab I gave you is from "Uncertain Terms"
                  He's a real bitch to play [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                  but definitely worth the effort. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

the howe 11(high gear?) album rocks too-i love his blusey phrases(mixed with his tech)and it has vocals!!!!!!sounds Like DLR with the greg man laying it large on the axe

Comment

Is that the one with his brother singing? I heard that's a bit heavier than his "fusion" solo stuff.
                      I think this guy has some of the best note selection and phrasing in the business.
                      I've been really studying this guys playing for the last 5 months and the difference it's made in my own playing is
                      amazing! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Very highly recommended listening, the way this guy plays over changes (and really way out there changes) is incredible.
                      His tapping techniques (he has 2 distinct ones) are also very cool!(bitch to imitate but very cool!)

Comment

Yeahh Gregs brother sings on it(sounds like diamond dave!lol)but fk'nhell mate there are some FAT blusey chords and tones used throughout the whole record.Greg has shaped my playing recently too,i love his phrases and blazes.Brett garsed is another monster who's playing is melodic and mind bogglingy techy.
                        Six String-have just uploaded an old vid i did on my lil site that has a few Eminor licks you might be able to add too your arsenal
                        http://www.justinjohnwakely.com/cont...ck_lessons.WMV
                        And another lesson on Vibrato i recorded today
                        http://www.justinjohnwakely.com/cont...rato_Ideas.WMV

Comment

Brett Garsed is one I have to check out. I've heard good things about him as well.
                          the other guys I've been listening to a lot are Kotzen and Michael Lee Firkins.
                          Also both pretty good with their note selections.
                          BTW pretty kick ass playing on the vids (as usual! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img])

Comment

nice twangin vids J. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

cheersrecorded a clip full of lines i play at speed and slowed down for easier learning-there nearly all B major/mixo licks,have done a load on minor shapes and out the box arps that i will edit soon and add to site
                              http://www.justinjohnwakely.com/cont...s_and_arps.WMV

Comment

Working...
                              X