Hard to adjust from 24.75 to 25.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to adjust from 24.75 to 25.5?

I don't know if I will have a problem with this or not, but any of you guys get a slap in the face when you try 24.75 after playing 25.5?

All I got is a Les Paul Custom and haven't played a 25.5 in a long time and I'm worried that my ass will get handed..

Re: Hard to adjust from 24.75 to 25.5?

I personally don't really notice much of a difference in scale length, and I've got guitars that are 25", 25.5" and 24.75".
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nope, no problems here.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't notice much of a difference either, I pretty much suck equally on all scale lengths. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Scale lengths have never been a problem its usually the neck shape or the action is so high I need vice grips to hold the strings down.

Comment

most of my guitars are 24.75, I have no trouble adjusting to my 25.5 guitars, I think you just automatically compensate for the difference, I do prefer the shorter scale however.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I pretty much suck equally on all scale lengths. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Is there any difference in taste, though? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I pretty much suck equally on all scale lengths. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Is there any difference in taste, though? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that would be more of a question of personal hygiene, wouldn't it?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that would be more of a question of personal hygiene, wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I find ebony a little darker tasting than maple. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have 2 guitars, one 25.5 (PC1) and one 24.75 (Fusion), and the scale length feels very different to me. Both set up with the same guage strings (9-42) means the tension is much less on the Fusion.

For me it's much easier to go from the 25.5 down to 24.75, but the other way is harder since the tension inscreases. In theory you could just set the shorter scale guitar up with thicker strings to make it closer, I'm thinking about trying that myself soon.

Comment

that's just what I (and a number of others here) do, Troy. I go up a string gauge on my shorter scale guitars. In standard tuning, 9s are the norm, but my Fusions are strung with 10s.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

All my guitars are 25.5, a friend of mine has a les paul and for me it feel very different.. but after 10 minutes or so messing around with it you get used to it..

don't know how it is the other way.. from 24.75 to 25.5

I really prefer the 25.5, but I have pretty long fingers and stuff.. don't know if that has a lot to do with it
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I don't notice the difference in distance between frets at all, only the string tension difference.

Comment

I certainly notice the difference, but I can play just fine on anything from a baritone or a bass 6 to the little kiddie small scale guitars. You just have to watch the the fretboard a bit when you are using an unfamiliar scale length.

Comment

i can tell a difference but enjoy the ease of stretching a tiny bit more on shorted scales. the difference is nothing that will mess you up really, but i also go back and forth a good bit.

chris

Comment

Working...
                              X