Dimebag's tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag's tuning

anybody knows what tunings he used for each album ? ... I didn't know in which section to ask this question

Re: Dimebag\'s tuning

Artists their Gear. Or Try Technique

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Artists their Gear. Or Try Technique

[/ QUOTE ]
      or try pm-ing an admin to move the thread to those folders.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I didn't notice there was this section

Comment

It is mostly Drop-D although there are some songs here and there that he tuned lower for.

Comment

Standard, Drop D, D Standard, Drop Db, there C Standard. Theres so many tunings.

Comment

They get progressively lower through time. Starts out Standard in CFH, with a Drop D song or two (primal concrete sledge, shattered), Then drops half a step in Vulgar, with drop d occuring (drop db). Far Beyond and on theres alot of D and C# and in between (literally half way between). Damageplan has C# (down three semi-tones) with a dropped-B amongst others. Pantera tab books are worth the dough in these cases, especially if you want to learn the nuances of the leads playing along with the album, for the correct tuning. Dime's wide bends are not linear up or down, theyre all unique, as is his picking style. For jamming riffs and stuff go nuts with the internet tabs and I suggest the powertabs from powertabs.net [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                They get progressively lower through time. Starts out Standard in CFH, with a Drop D song or two (primal concrete sledge, shattered), Then drops half a step in Vulgar, with drop d occuring (drop db). Far Beyond and on theres alot of D and C# and in between (literally half way between). Damageplan has C# (down three semi-tones) with a dropped-B amongst others. Pantera tab books are worth the dough in these cases, especially if you want to learn the nuances of the leads playing along with the album, for the correct tuning. Dime's wide bends are not linear up or down, theyre all unique, as is his picking style. For jamming riffs and stuff go nuts with the internet tabs and I suggest the powertabs from powertabs.net [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I'll probably get his book Riffer Madness, I heard it's a cool book

Comment

Working...
                X