Playing til it hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing til it hurts

If you don't think I'm at 85%-90% of my maximum heartrate when I'm onstage, you've never seen me play before!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I said "PRACTICING". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well... okay. I suppose if folks practice like the Ace plays on stage, then yeah. You'd have yourself some wicked sore muscles if ya didn't warm up. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] And that probably wouldn't help either. I'm just guessing... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

If it just gets sore and tired, thats OK. If it actually hurts, youre doing something wrong.

Comment

I was playing my bass till it hurt around Christmas time. I was working on scales and stuff for like three hours or more a day. Then, my left wrist hurt so bad that it was keeping me awake at night. I went to the doctor who gave me a wrist brace, and told me I couldn't play guitar for two weeks. I told her that was going to be tough, and she said "Do you want to play guitar for the next two weeks or the next thrity years?"

So, I would have to say, from experience, playing till it hurts is not a good thing.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Not to sound stupid or anything,how does one warm-down when playing guitar?

Comment

doing chromatic scales and stuff like

Comment

Working...
              X