sweeps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweeps....

Folks, following my previous post to learn the sweeps at the start of the solo on "drop in the bucket" (dave lee roth / Jason becker), I now wanna learn more sweeps.

I'm looking for 3 string sweep patterns that I can move up the fret board...the becker sweep above sounds kinda mixolydian so I'd like more aggressive sounding patterns or pentatonic.

All help very much appreciated.

:-)

This is easily google-able.

Better yet, take any triads you already know and build progressions by sweeping them (its not hard to figure out which note you add on top etc.) This chart is a great ref for that:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...37931d7cdf.jpg

Comment

Thanks Kamanda :-)
      I'm all about sweeping at the mo!

Comment

It's alot of fun once you get them! Hardest part is incorporating them properly.

Comment

After getting the Jason becker sweep from that song it feels like it's kinda "clicked" and all I wanna do is sweep.
          That why I'm after some bland pentatonic sweeps that I can incorporate in to improvised solos.
          I've been wanting to sweep pick for ages...and I think the key to cracking it was sheer repetition/practice. And not trying to play them too fast.

Comment

That is the ONLY way to get better at guitar, especially with shred stuff.

Start slow, repeat. practice, and bust out the metronome.

Comment

I know this is a few months old now so not sure how you've progressed, but for generic arpeggios to sweep, try these; in ascending intervals

1-3-5-7-3-5-7
              1-4-6-1-4-6-1
              1-5-7-2-4

I did the best getting one direction down at a time, then moving on to both directions, then later you can work in slides, can chop them up, move them around, augment the 7th, ect. Really just chords, any chord, just may have to rework the fingering to make it easier
              Last edited by TKEblue; 03-02-2017, 04:16 PM.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
              X