No announcement yet.

Alexandra Zerner's WeeklyckZ - weekly guitar licks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeeklyckZ #29 - Descending lick in Double harmonic minor (Hungarian minor scale) in the key of Am:

Official Facebook
    YouTube Channel
    Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

Hey Alexandra,

I saw you got a shout out in Guitar Player magazine from Jason Becker for your cover of Perpetual Burn, along side Jeff Loomis. Congrats!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Really? I didn't know I appeared there... can you send me a link?
        Official Facebook
        YouTube Channel
        Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

I don't have a link but he mentioned you in his column in the Oct 2015 issue. It has B.B. King (RIP) on the cover.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

So what other stuff are you doing? It's pretty amazing that you're gonna hit 30 instruction vids. Any band stuff around?

And you should be getting more attention here but I think we're a small group of old fucks who would probably be more performance inspired. I really liked your jazz fusion playing... would have liked to have it go on longer... you stopped just before 2m and when all the legends hit that point is when it gets all crazy.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Having watched a few of these, I'm thinking I should take up the triangle instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                I don't have a link but he mentioned you in his column in the Oct 2015 issue. It has B.B. King (RIP) on the cover.
                I guess you mean Oct 2014 Anyway, I doubt he's been talking about me, because the so-called "cover" I did, is from March 23rd this year:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...=2&theater.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                So what other stuff are you doing? It's pretty amazing that you're gonna hit 30 instruction vids. Any band stuff around?

And you should be getting more attention here but I think we're a small group of old fucks who would probably be more performance inspired. I really liked your jazz fusion playing... would have liked to have it go on longer... you stopped just before 2m and when all the legends hit that point is when it gets all crazy.
                I hope I will be able to write interesting licks for a long time... 30 isn't that much, but it's already difficult for me to come out with something really good.
                Besides that, I am working on my second album now... the first one can be heard here.
                I don't see how I can get much more attention, because I am living in Bulgaria, which is the poorest european country and it's full of morons... and totally no music business here. I am doing everything on my own and I am not gigging, because here it means spending money to play, not earning

Originally posted by Banjowarrior View Post
                Having watched a few of these, I'm thinking I should take up the triangle instead...
                Don't. These licks are supposed to inspire people to do more, not giving up
                Last edited by alexandrazerner; 09-19-2015, 08:07 AM.
                Official Facebook
                YouTube Channel
                Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

No, the Oct. 2015 issue. (it's on newstands in September, I'm not really from the future.)

Last edited by Hellbat; 09-23-2015, 02:26 PM.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thank you very much for the pic! I... am seriously shocked... I've never even dreamed of Jason Becker mentioning my name along with Jeff Loomis, or some similar scenario... I guess now I can die in peace

Aaand by the way, here's the new tutorial - WeeklyckZ #30, which is a lick from my composition "Memoirs Of A Geisha" (after I sent my album to Jason Becker, he wrote me back, that this is the track, that he likes the most of the album), and the exact lick is at 2:52:

Official Facebook
                    YouTube Channel
                    Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #31 - 8-string arpeggio lick over an Am6 chord:

Official Facebook
                      YouTube Channel
                      Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #32 - This week I made a tapping arpeggio lick, inspired by Tony MacAlpine:

Official Facebook
                        YouTube Channel
                        Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #33 - Descending arpeggio lick over a G13♭9♭ chord:

Official Facebook
                          YouTube Channel
                          Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #34 - A four arpeggio sequence lick, based on Gm, Gm#7, Gm7, and Gm6:

Official Facebook
                            YouTube Channel
                            Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #35 - Ascending arpeggio lick, based on Em9maj7 chord:

Official Facebook
                              YouTube Channel
                              Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

WeeklyckZ #36 - An arpeggio lick, taken from my track "Memoirs Of A Geisha":

Official Facebook
                                YouTube Channel
                                Skype Guitar Lessons

Comment

Working...
                                X