guitar pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar pro

What's the deal with this software? Can you buy a disc or is it download only? Any and all information appreciated...I've always been curious about this and could always use some help learning more technical stuff
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

You could pay to download it, download it illegally, or do what I did and download TuxGuitar. It's an open source shareware program that handles all the same file types.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Thanks bro, I'll check it out...
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

I used to use Guitar Pro ALL the time for writing and learning songs. It's a great way to get your ideas down and have some sort of working version of a song that you can hear from start to finish. Nowadays i just record rough tracks in my DAW because it's faster to get ideas down but that way i sometimes forget how to play what i've written. There's a bit of a learning curve if you're a beginner in music theory but it's honestly an invaluable songwriting tool for when you want to share songs with your band members, practice or rehearse at home and/or prepare before going into the studio so that everyone's on the same page.

EDIT: Oh and you can also program instruments and export them as MIDI to use for recording VST synths, drum machines, etc. This is something i've found exceptionally more organic and enjoyable as opposed to doing all the programming within a DAW.
        Last edited by Devotee; 02-14-2013, 04:49 AM.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Agreed. GPro is invaluable for fleshing out ideas, even if the sounds are limited. Got a cool-sounding, oddball chord form you'd never be able to remember in a million years? Diagram it in GPro.

Just don't break the brand new 2TB external hard drive you saved it to....like I did

It will also help with learning how to notate properly.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X