Arm sticking to body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm sticking to body

Just started having this issue with my new Jackson. I'm only aware of it this week, even though I have had mmy new guitar for over a month. Anybody else run into their arm kind of sticking to the guitar body? Trying to keep a relatively light contact too, but still an issue. Wouldn't be such a big deal but when I'm playing on low strings and then go to do a sweep, it's a bitch. I wipe down the guitar with a t shirt when done playing, in case anybody wondered. Have even used a different cloth. I don't appear to be sweating excessively.

Ah what an ultra maroon. I did go to the gym not long before I played. Duh.

Comment

yeah, I remember that problem with a fender highway 1 strat. I would either wear long sleeves or put my cleaning cloth over the part my arm comes in contact with. but eventually I grew out of it. Now all my guitars are super shiny and clean but there is no sticking. With practice, it'll no longer be a bother.
      Sam

Comment

You mean that the stickiness will subside over time due to changes in the finish or.....

Comment

Ummmm ...wash your arm..??
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You must not have read the second entry. I went to the gym an hour before I played and realized that that was probably it. However, I have had this happen even when I had not gone to the gym. Just started happening, too. Just weird.

Comment

Baby powder maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Ummmm ...wash your arm..??
                +1
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

You should try shaving your arms. Heck even your legs. That's what Bill does

Comment

Yes..I shave everything, then I baby powder the shit outta it. My PP looks like a canoli. Women pick a number just to kiss it.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Will it help my playing?

Comment

Women pick a number just to kiss it.
                        Originally posted by Dannibal Corpse View Post
                        Will it help my playing?
                        Kiss it and find out (you two get a room, though.)

Comment

This is things one must ask one self. Why does any part of my body seem to stick to things? I have pondered this for ages until I discovered soap and baby powder!

Only if I knew then what I know now. It's prolly best I didn't. Because I can envision tens of thousands pretty girls and maybe some mediocre ones.. with powdered bean bag smudges all over their chest, neck, and head. But this is just me thinkin' ..what could have been.

That was then..this is now. Your querry of improving playing abilities. The answer is absolutely. Yes!

Comment

This is things one must ask one self. Why does any part of my body seem to stick to things?
                            you mean like, on a really hot day when your sack sticks to your thigh? nope. never.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

My kid is so sticky, I have to spray PAM cooking spray on everything..or I gotta pry him of with a spatula.

I blame the all that spermatazoon. He's 17. There's a massive flood whenever we open his bedroom door. It's so bad it requires wearing life preservers...and SCUBA wear!

Ya know that elevator scene in The Shining. It's exactly like that...'cept, thick, sticky, jizz. It's much more horrifying!

Comment

Working...
                              X