DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Some dude named Jeff Loomis told me he doesn't worry much about theory, scales and ect. "I get an idea in my head, and just go for it".

From '78 EVH (I was 13) to '96 Jeff Loomis. ..changed my attitude and playing forever. But, if I could achived Uli Roth caliber..I can die gracefully as a musician.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Uli=MONSTER!!!
        DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author
        www.myspace.com/intellishred
        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

One of the most helpful exercises you can do is play over a backing track and improv, but don't learn the scales from top to bottom, bottom to top. I start my scales half way through, go all the way down then come back up...sometimes I'll go through all my major scales only playing middle sections. Most people only know the scales top to bottom, but this exercise truly let's you know them inside and out. It will also show you how the connect

Comment

Randy would tell all his students ro go straight across a 4 fret box, using all four fingers. it really doesn't matter how you play them picking, pulloff..hybrid of each. as long each note was articulate. Go up and come right back down..starting at the nut, and move up every half step.

I showed this to my kid..he's actually putting it to practing. It's helping him with strength with bends. He's not tone deaf at all. But sometimes he's frustrated when he can't bend certain strings to pitch.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Randy would tell all his students ro go straight across a 4 fret box, using all four fingers. it really doesn't matter how you play them picking, pulloff..hybrid of each. as long each note was articulate. Go up and come right back down..starting at the nut, and move up every half step.

I showed this to my kid..he's actually putting it to practing. It's helping him with strength with bends. He's not tone deaf at all. But sometimes he's frustrated when he can't bend certain strings to pitch.
              I made it to the end, wondering the whole time where the punchline was. WTF Bill?
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
              X