Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Track Software

Hey guys!

I've had a copy of Cakewalk's Music Creator 4 for a WHILE, and I have Session Drummer 2 and some other programs; I've installed them and only ONCE have I been able to get my drum software to work. What I mean is, I can't get ANY sound output, at all. I see the drums being 'on' and such, but no sound. And I've only been able to get sound out of it once, and I can't remember, for the life of me and two dogs, how I got that to work. It's really frustrating, because, all I want to do is create simple drum tracks to put some chords down to solo over them.

(Deep Breath!)

Has anyone else had this issue with Cakewalk? I can record audio just fine, but, ya, it really defeats my purpose if I can't get some drum tracks made. Maybe my program is just out of date. I've fiddled with midi options, input/output, drivers, and everything else you can think of. So, my next question is... is there a cheap program I could buy that will suffice? I don't need drumkit from hell or anything; just something that can help me create simple 4/4 beats/tracks. I know there are other programs out there like, Sonar, Pro Tools, etc etc, but, like I said, those are all expensive (atleast protools is), and another thing it might be is that my computer just sucks!

Any help or suggestions appreciated, and, YES, I've looked on the Cakewalk forum/FAQs to no avail, and, as much as I want to build a computer just for recording, that will have to wait (Because I know I will be set if I could do that!).

Take a look at idrum, the sounds are good not great and it's easy to create drum beats since it's a software drum machine. If you just want to play back midi loops that are already created something like ez drummer might be better but only because it sounds so much better. Even though I have since upgraded to superior drummer I still use idrum to create drum tracks because it has a drum machine like interface and I can then just drag the midi to whatever I want. I also have the iphone/ipod touch version of idrum so I can copy the drum beats to that as well - which is what I use for a practice metronome. It has standalone and plugin modes so you are good to go with idrum either way. You can make your own kits as well so there are quite a few to download and play with.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
      Take a look at idrum, the sounds are good not great and it's easy to create drum beats since it's a software drum machine. If you just want to play back midi loops that are already created something like ez drummer might be better but only because it sounds so much better. Even though I have since upgraded to superior drummer I still use idrum to create drum tracks because it has a drum machine like interface and I can then just drag the midi to whatever I want. I also have the iphone/ipod touch version of idrum so I can copy the drum beats to that as well - which is what I use for a practice metronome. It has standalone and plugin modes so you are good to go with idrum either way. You can make your own kits as well so there are quite a few to download and play with.
      WHAT! I'm gonna try that when I get home Now, can the iDrum be used on PC rather than an iMac?

Comment

There is a windows and mac version.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
          There is a windows and mac version.
          Ya I was just on the site... I like the 'click the pattern' feature! This should really do what I want... now you guys can look out for some videos Oh, and, I will prolly download the 'try' version of it... how much can I do with that? $60 isn't bad either!

Comment

Working...
          X