Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Lynch's Guitar Bible: Anyone have this on DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch's Guitar Bible: Anyone have this on DVD?

This is a quasi-technique/practice related thread, so I'll post here and it can be moved if needed.

This is an old instructional DVD of George's, probably my favorite. It was originally VHS and released in Japan a few years back. Problem is, it's out of print now. I can find MPEG copies online, but they're horrible (low res and the audio is out of sync to an insane rate, just like the YouTube clips). Does anyone have this legit or know where I could find a copy? George's site used to offer it, but his store is poorly maintained and lots of items are Out of Stock, seemingly permanently.

Thanks!

Its on youtube.

Its good. Even though George likes to flirt with the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by jkielq91 View Post
      Its on youtube.

Its good. Even though George likes to flirt with the camera.
      I know, I actually mentioned that:

I can find MPEG copies online, but they're horrible (low res and the audio is out of sync to an insane rate, just like the YouTube clips).
      It's cool though. This appears to be really hard to find. I'm surprised no one has it, I always thought it was a cool little video. Better than his REH video even.

Comment

I took the mpeg and separated the audio, did some eq on it in reaper and re-synced it as best as possible, it starts to go out towards the end during the Mr. Scary demonstration, but overall it's much better, watchable anyway.

Comment

Have you checked any torrent sites? Might find a good avi. I dont have internet at the house, just my phone or i'd try to get you a copy. Ill look around when I get to work monday if you havent found it by then.

Comment

They are all the same mpeg that's been around for years, is why i just fixed it as best as possible. I cannot be fully synced due to the original file, the audio and video are fukered. From what i remember when i did it, the audio is at a different rate, or longer than the video or vice versa, something like that, so it can't be fully synced unless frames are cut out or something. But you can get it watchable and sounding pretty good with some hiss and noise reduction, eq and audio boost/normalization.
            I did the same thing to one of Vinnie Moores' old original vids that's floating around.

Comment

Working...
            X