"Bodom" scales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bodom" scales?

So, I was listening to Alexi and Roope playing, not just in bodom, but with stone(yeah, i know alexi wasnt in that lol) and sinergy ect, and i recognize a verry commonly used scale between the two. Anyone know which one it is or has tabs for it? I mean, im kinda gettin an A(just an example) harmonic sound from it, but i cant quite pinpoint it.
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Alexi (ab)uses pentatonic scale in his recent solos, some fast manor and major scale runs and sweeps lots of diminished arpeggios. His eralier works are more harmonic minor etc. Dunno 'bout Roope.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
      So, I was listening to Alexi and Roope playing, not just in bodom, but with stone(yeah, i know alexi wasnt in that lol) and sinergy ect, and i recognize a verry commonly used scale between the two. Anyone know which one it is or has tabs for it? I mean, im kinda gettin an A(just an example) harmonic sound from it, but i cant quite pinpoint it.
      Alexi abuses the Aeolian Scale (Are You Dead Yet, Next In Line, Punch Me I Bleed (might be something different - like Harmonic Minor), and Banned From Heaven) and definitely the pentatonic scales (Everytime I Die, Children of Decadence, Tie My Rope, If You Want Peace Prepare For War). Check out his Rock House Method dvds... he has a whole section on scales, which you can prolly find the video on youtube!

Comment

Livari you're right and also of course you feilong29..

Check out his rock-house DVD's.. It has some nice practice stuff in it...
        I use some things of that DVD for my daily (and also before shows) warm up routine...
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
        X