Help improving speed and accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by len View Post
    is this guy really playing exersize 25 ?
    yep
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I didn't read through all of the posts, so I don't know if this has been said, but imo if either of your hands have to kind of clentch to play it, then its too fast for you. Practice at a slower speed till you have it mastered.

Also, a lot of times when im learning something new, I have to spend a while just figuring out how I need to do my alternate picking, to see what allows me to glide through it easier.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Hey Len - let's do this thing!
        Who's up for posting periodic videos of our progress?
        Here's where I'm at on exercise 25. This is 145bpm. Guys - this contains nothing exciting at all aside from my awesome playing

As you can see - a lot's changed since my first video. Now I'm even more in need of a hair cut.
        Last edited by Cliff; 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM.
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
          i just downloaded his books via means i would would rather not discuss,i have a trip to columbus georgia for work comin up this week and i am going to join Cliff's club sans his wife's insperational help
          Welcome to the club len!

Reached 148bpm for #25 tonite.

3 words (as Steve Vai said): Practice, practice, practice

Thanks Cliff for creating this thread.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Good job Cliff! I will too post some clips once the laptop is back from service. Your thread has been inspiring me to practice. Something I never did!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Cliff keep going looking good ....

wasn't there someThIng missing TwordS the end ? can't quite put my hands around iT .....ITS at the tip of my tounge :think::think:
              Last edited by len; 07-18-2011, 05:59 AM. Reason: the spelling 50 man got me
              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Thanks guys - great to have some practice buddies. And thanks to everyone who's posted such awesome advice.
                Len - what do you mean? I should have ended with a whammy bar dive or something?

Comment

What's a toung?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oo, exercise 25 sounds familiar. I use that technique in a song called Rise. Solo starts at 1:50 ish. This song is being rerecorded incidentally, so a version with a more clear solo is in the works.
                    http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=10862778&q=hi
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

What's a toung?
                      cant get nothing past your eyes big guy,
                      cliff on the other hand needs to read the posT a lITtle more

Comment

Oh I read it alright, I was just playing dumb . Remember I said "this video contains nothing exciting at all".
                        "Oo, exercise 25 sounds familiar. I use that technique in a song called Rise." - awesome. Nice to hear the technique in context, but I especially like the rhythm on the main riff. What's going on with that syncopation? It reminds me a bit of the slow triplet in Mr Crowley.
                        Last edited by Cliff; 07-18-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Remember I said "this video contains nothing exciting at all
                          The old saying "Believe none of what you read and half of what you see" came to mind
                          Last edited by len; 07-18-2011, 01:52 PM. Reason: got to be on the lookout for grammar 50

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                            Nice to hear the technique in context, but I especially like the rhythm on the main riff. What's going on with that syncopation? It reminds me a bit of the slow triplet in Mr Crowley.
                            Do what? Im not technical at all, give me a time when the "syncopation" you speak of is at and Ill give you the rundown.

EDIT: Do you mean the echo-ish-ness of the bass and crash cymbals??

Forgive me for this, but the di di di dun crash dun dun dun dun dun di di di dun crash dun dun dun dun dun , sorry, non-technical musician lingo.
                            Last edited by Twitch; 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I think I spelt it wrong anyway . What I meant was, the four-note guitar riff for the verse - the timing on the fourth sustained note gives it an unusual character that I like. I thought maybe it was something a bit off-the-wall rhythmically. But I think I mentioned already how poor my sense of timing is.

Comment

Its just FF FE. Power chords of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X