string tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• string tone

do you guys find a tone difference in different string brands?

yes, Ernie Ball strings I've personally always found to sound rather flat right out of the package (which sucks, and is why I refuse to buy them), D'Addarios (at least the ones I use) have a nice, bright tone outta the package, which is awesome for what I want. I might try ordering some odd strings like LaBella or something sometime, just for a change,or maybe some SITs. Maybe I notice the flatness because I dial up a fairly bright tone, but I'm not gonna change my tone just for some strings

Fender Bullets are supposed to be nice & bright aswell, but again, that depends on what you want. But EB's always sound like they were pre-warn out, which is not cool. People might like relic guitars, but definately not relic strings
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

The only time I get anthing other than GHS Boomers (Carvin) is when I'm getting someone to through in a few free packs of strings on a purchase deal, which I usually pick the most expensive brand. I picked those Elixers the last time. I've gotten D'Adarios with some trades, Ernie's, etc. I don't know, strings are strings to me. I mostly stick to GHS.

Comment

Working...
      X