Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I hate my playing" syndrome... Anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I hate my playing" syndrome... Anyone ?

Anyone goes into that phase? I'm in right now. I hate the way I play. With my band, I don't learn all the solos of the tunes we play and when come that jammin' part of the songs, I feel always stuck in the same licks/patterns/scales...

I'd like to woodshed and spend more time practicing but between day job/family life/house duties/learning the tunes for the band... Well, there isn't much time left.

Do I need to see my Doctor and get some happy/feel good pills? Should I stop playing guitar and start collecting stamps? Joking aside, who's a 100% with the way they play... :think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I come across this all the time, even more so when I listen to other bands/artists. That said, I don't play conventionally. I can't play, read or write music as professional people do, nor have I ever taken a guitar lesson.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
      Anyone goes into that phase? I'm in right now. I hate the way I play. With my band, I don't learn all the solos of the tunes we play and when come that jammin' part of the songs, I feel always stuck in the same licks/patterns/scales...

I'd like to woodshed and spend more time practicing but between day job/family life/house duties/learning the tunes for the band... Well, there isn't much time left.

Do I need to see my Doctor and get some happy/feel good pills? Should I stop playing guitar and start collecting stamps? Joking aside, who's a 100% with the way they play... :think:
      I go through this from time to time. I just get bored with what I can do--it's the same old, same old. I think a lot of people get tired of their own cooking for the same reason.

Comment

Yeah. I'm in that phase...I hate your playing too.
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Thanks for helping my moral goodwood!!!
          JB aka BenoA

Comment

HAHA!! I saw that you are Canadian so I know you can take it!!

You'll bounce back man...seriously, it is a phase and it will pass.
            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

:think: Canadians can take it??? :think:

lol

And how about french-canadians... ??? :think: ha ha ha
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Oui oui!!

F1 weekend...man...the women in Montreal...I have been there a couple of years on F1 weekend and the women were just EVERYWHERE!!

Comment

Its a day to day thing with me. one day i'll be like damn i suck! then ill not play for a week or so and just pick it up and im like WHOAOOAA! \M/\M/
                  subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                  www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

If you hate your playing, you're tired of hearing yourself play the same old crap, and you need to learn something new.

Comment

Go online and learn a new scale, mode or whatever and apply it to your playing every chance you get. Something as simple as a new scale or chord inversion can change your whole sound...and it's free! Works for me, anyway.
                      The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

I hate my playing, but I love to play. I can't play, but it doesn't sound like it. I don't know any scales/chords/other stuff, but I think I make out alright.
                        Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                        http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Try some other techniques, so you feel 100% comfortable when you're playing.
                          like other strumming technique, maybe try to mess around with your left (or right.. when your lefty :P) hand and your fingers on your fret board untill you think.. hey this is fine!, in the beginning i had some problems with how to keep my hand/fingers comfortable on my fretboard while playing, now I tried some different things its a lot better, and much more comfortable..! Improvise some things when practising with your band, it's real fun

Btw, I am still like 99% happy with how im playing, I play comfortable.. not much problems (only when bending, and then also add a GOOD vibrato..)
                          Last edited by porsche928; 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Well... Still not liking my playing but decided to challenge myself... Started by "trying to learn" Satch Boogie... Not easy... Have learned like only half the solo (at a very slow speed) but having a lot of FUN!!!
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                              Well... Still not liking my playing but decided to challenge myself... Started by "trying to learn" Satch Boogie... Not easy... Have learned like only half the solo (at a very slow speed) but having a lot of FUN!!!
                              Good! have fun , and rockon!

Comment

Working...
                              X