Nevermore Sentient 6 Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermore Sentient 6 Solo

Sup everyone, I've always dug this solo by Jeff so I decided I needed to take a crack at it. It's not note for note exact since I wanted to learn this by ear to get better at that sort of thing, so forgive if it's not perfect.

Constructive criticism is beyond welcomed, good, bad, whatever. Let it rip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maiGUugjecg
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Fuck
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I knew I should have edited that last part out.
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

oh ya and good job
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Sounds good!

I wish I could play that fast
            Scott

Comment

Very good. You really have the speedy ascending and descending scale-type stuff down. I'm working on that a ton right now. Are you keeping your Soloist Pro? I thought it was for sale a few weeks back.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                Very good. You really have the speedy ascending and descending scale-type stuff down. I'm working on that a ton right now. Are you keeping your Soloist Pro? I thought it was for sale a few weeks back.
                I see where I need to improv on it, and I still work on that a lot. I really love the sound Paul Gilbert, Bouillet, Loomis, and Becker get with the hard picked scale stuff, they're so damn fast at it but it's just motivation....or temptation to quit

Yeah I'm going to keep it. I bought a KV2 and ended up liking the Pro more so I pulled the pro and listed the KV2.

Comment

Keep it up Nick, and you just may find yourself standing next to Jeff in NM.

I have the speed thing down pretty good..I like to go fast!

Life's too fast to play slow..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

45 views and 8 (now 9) responses?

Comment

as usual nice man ! but your intonation sounded ever so slightly off at the beginning , sort that out and you will be truly awesome! i would love to hear some proper recordings because its hard to judge your tone on these vids
                      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                        as usual nice man ! but your intonation sounded ever so slightly off at the beginning , sort that out and you will be truly awesome! i would love to hear some proper recordings because its hard to judge your tone on these vids
                        Thanks!

My tone isn't really anything to brag about, in fact, It's sort of a secret. I intentionally practice on the absolute hardest and unforgiving settings. My theory is that if you can make a shitty sounding amp sound good, then when it's your time to play on a good amp, it shouldn't be a problem. Tone is in the fingers, not the amp, too many people rely on amps to make them sound good. The ultimate example of this is practically any Engl amp. I've heard some not so good players play on them and they sound much cleaner and tighter on those amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                          Thanks!

My tone isn't really anything to brag about, in fact, It's sort of a secret. I intentionally practice on the absolute hardest and unforgiving settings. My theory is that if you can make a shitty sounding amp sound good, then when it's your time to play on a good amp, it shouldn't be a problem. Tone is in the fingers, not the amp, too many people rely on amps to make them sound good. The ultimate example of this is practically any Engl amp. I've heard some not so good players play on them and they sound much cleaner and tighter on those amps.
                          gotta get me an Engl then ! on a serious note ive been practising a lot on my shittest acoustic with razor wire strings and super high action , after getting a nice solid tone and intonation on that bitch an electric is piss easy!
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I think Jeff and you guys would love the way I dial my Uber in. It's been 7 years of fine tuning. Nevermore is the exact tone I've been chasing. There's only three tones I wanted to achieve since my youth...Classic Van Halen, Criss Oliva. My Marshall rig does that better than ANY amp I've heard. Once I met Jeff/NM, I left that stuff in the past and been morphing from VH/'Tage to NM since '97. I couldn't achieve that sound with my Marshall rig but the Uber does it in spades!! I'm not even intersted in those old tones anymore to be honest. I dial my Marshall in for more of a Eidolon/Death tone now...heavier in general

My friend is a good friend of Jeff (was a candidate for NM rythm player 10 year ago) and in Beyond Fear with Ripper swears my Bogner smokes his two Powerballs. But I'm curious what Jeff's Engl sounds like!!! But that fucker NEVER sounded better than when he uses his Recto. But Rectos and I do NOT get along whatsoever!

His sold his Engls and picked up a couple 6505s, then sold those and was bent on getting a couple KK Marshalls. But after I tried the JVM and KK Marshalls, he listened to me play and took my advice on the JVMs. For our styles there was no comparison.

But we always sound exactly like us no matter what we play thru, as long as it's a decent amp.
                            Last edited by horns666; 07-16-2009, 03:58 AM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Very Nice!
                              that's one of his solos that I really like but I never think about learning,
                              but now I think I'll give it a go.
                              (huge Loomis fanboy here)
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X