A sample of my upcoming song.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sample of my upcoming song.

What's going on everyone? It's been a while since I posted a 3 second clip .

Anyways, I have a song coming up, most of it is recorded but there still needs to be a lot more done to it, but until then, I decided to bust out the pod and audacity (God damn Sonar keeps freezing) and give you guys a sample of the song. The program has a little lag , anyways.

http://www.myspace.com/nickmazzaguitar

Check it out, "Clip of Serenity". The full song should be cool..I hope.

Feedback?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Criticism.. Even if it's harsh as fuck.
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Ok, I'll bite.

Technically, it's impressive but it sounds like you've been playing for 2 yrs. It's also only 36 seconds of a tune so it's not much to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
        Ok, I'll bite.

Technically, it's impressive but it sounds like you've been playing for 2 yrs. It's also only 36 seconds of a tune so it's not much to go on.
        Cool thanks, but I need to ask now, how does it sound like I've been playing for 2 years?

Comment

Nick..It doesn't sound you've been playing for 2 year because I know really good player who've been playing for 30 years that can't sweep like that. You really put some woodsheeding in sweeping over chord progressions, and that shows. But you should have continued to play some melodic harmonies over that progression. If you ran out of ideas..then you should switch gears at that time to another groove or key..to keep things interesting and give it dynamic. Your meter is very good. You're pitch was a hair off with single note lines..but not bad as many decent players.

Try to keep it song oriented so it doesn't sound like a practice exercize. Jam over some beats that are out of you comfort zone. That one dude on your page is a pretty good contrast. Obvioulsy he LOVES satch and Vai..mostly Satch. Wer always regurgitate our influences...yours is obviously Jason Becker, and Marty Frediman. Which is great because many players only wish they could attempt that level. You're on the right track.

Watch Moshwitz (Dave) vid..you can see how he really mixes things up and it really flows nicely. There some bones in it while watching but something you prolly wouldn't notice when recording. When I watched his vid it reminds me of how I attempt to string solos together ..his patterns and movementa seem to be in fourth or thirds..and bends into stuff pretty cool.

Keep going bro...you know I have faith in you. I kinda sucked at your age so you're doing good. I just wanted to play really fast back then..so I used to sound like Vinnie Vincent! I kinda still do..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

As always, Bill, I will take what you say to heart and try to put it into my work. You told me a while back to not learn other guys stuff note for note, but to work on my own material. I've been doing that , since then, or at least trying. I'm bummed my pitch was a little out, because alongside vibrato, I've been working on pitch quite a bit, but I guess that means I must practice more! Thanks for the advice man!

Comment

That's some really impressive sweeping for sure, especially in harmony like that. Sounds like you've got some great technique. Going only by what I heard in that clip, I have two suggestions. Having a great vibrato and throwing in some nice melodies are two things any great guitarist should be able to do. I've seen so many guitarists on youtube that are technically very impressive, but all they do is shred, shred, shred and is very boring, boring, boring. For me, and remember everyone has different tastes and opinions, the ones that set themselves apart are those that have a great vibrato and play some memorable melodies. Of course the shred and technical aspect are included as well. I've seen plenty of guys that can easily out shred me, but when they go to hold a note their vibrato sucks. I don't care how fast a guitarist is. If he can't hold a note and make it sing, he needs to work on that. You look pretty young so I'm very impressed with your playing for your age. You've got the makings to be a truly great guitarist. Post some more stuff when you can.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
              X