Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mix - No Lyrics yet, How's the mix sound?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mix - No Lyrics yet, How's the mix sound?!?

Any tips, or anythign that's too loud, or sticks out too much?!?

http://kainziw.com/MP3/FightForYou2.mp3

I'll be recording vocals later. Ive been having throat issues lately so I need to rest my throat the Dr says!!!

Lemme know what would make it sound better:idea:

Man i like it i think its got a good even sound nothing is really overpowering anything, I like the drum sound too is that a program or real drums?

Comment

Thats Drumkit from Hell 2 : Superior...

Guitars are amplitube 2, with the cabs turned off, and Altiverb Reverb using an ENGL impulse.

Bass is Amplitube 2.

Thanks foir listening!

Comment

Ahh cool i use drums from hell 1 might have to look into getting superior sounds much better.

Comment

Very good!!! Catchy song, you kept my interest until the end. Please share it with us again when the vocals will be done! I really like the synth part in the tune, gives it a 80s mood with a more modern vibe and production. BTW, are you a Maiden and Judas Priest fan? I could hear some influence here and there.

Your guitar playing is awesome. Sounds pro and the drum programming is very good. Sounds real. A bit too much double kicks at some places but I understand that's the trend these days. The overall thing sounds very pro. I've heard final mixes coming from local studios that sounded weak compared to what you have done.

I got a request: could you share with us the ENGL impulse you are using?

As far as giving you some advice about the production/mix, I'm no pro here but here are things I would try to do to improve it:

- Drums are too centered in the mix, more spreading (stereo field) on both side (left/right) would improve it.

- Where's the bass guitar? I would make it a bit more present in the mix.

That's about it for me. For your info, I listened to your track with some cheap headphones so my comments may not apply.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Very well done! I dug it alot.

Comment

I threw this up on my studio monitors. Killer! Levels seem balanced. I did notice the mono-ish/ everything in the center thing. Maybe get some random keyboard or lead bits spread out more in addition to spreading out the drums? Or get some left/right delays/chorusing going on some guitar bits? Also there is not a lot of the high frequency sizzle/cymbal thing going on.

Comment

thanks guys, im just gettin the lyrics finalized and I'll see what I can do. I tamed the cymbals down a bit by compressing them. Possibly too much though, as yah, the sizze isnt where I want it to be on the hat or the crashes... As well, Im panning things out a little deeper on the drums.

For all guitar parts, I run 100% panned L and R for both Rhythms and Solo

I appreciate you listenign and the feedback though!!!

Comment

This is great

This is great! Now I want to see your ways for us readers to become more involved! Expect an email later today.

Comment

Working...
                  X