Mesa Mark III Clip some Yngwie!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark III Clip some Yngwie!!!!

I decided it was time for me to really try and learn some Yngwie.
    I used my Mesa Mark III for this first "attempt"
    using my blue GMW for this one, I'm not there yet but this is a work in progress for me.
    Yngwies style has always eluded me.
    http://www.netmusicians.org/index.ph...=id&value=2762

Be gentle it's a first attempt
    Last edited by kmanick; 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

That was really good, and pretty kick ass for a first attempt! -Very Cool indeed
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

thanks!
      I've gotta ways to go before I get "convincing" though

Comment

Killer tones as always man, the playings great too! Sounds like theres to much fretboard wood to be classic yngwie though, also dont have any shirt buttons done up

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
          Killer tones as always man, the playings great too! Sounds like theres to much fretboard wood to be classic yngwie though, also dont have any shirt buttons done up
          I think I've got gain about 30 pounds to really nail it

Comment

Sounds great. Respect!
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

you played your nuts off there, very nice. That wasn't the full ending though was it?

That is such a great song.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

thanks!
                No the timing on the backing track during the pauses is longer (if you notice at the beginning) and they are longer at the end so my timing is off on all the crazy shit he does at the end.
                I'm going to work it out and post up a full version asap.
                Ya this as my all time favorite Yngwie song

Comment

You did a great job on that Nick. I love the neck pickup tone, bridge tone was a bit rharsh but that could be the III. The backing tack seemed a bit off in some places but having just learned that track it only will get more natural sounding and fluid. If I didnt know the piece or wasn't a guitar player I'd say it was perfect Even as is you didnt do the piece any injustice for 99% of the population

Everyone should learn that song, it will do wonders for their playing and technique. One thing that gave me a bit of trouble whe I learned it back in the 80's was that Yngiwe drifts in time (speeds up, slows down) a bit when blazing but always seems to land on the beat or his feed at the end of a phrase. Sometimes you have to drop of a 32nd or 64th note to make it sound right...no one knows the difference unless your a rusty drooly note analyzer

Take whatever I said with a rain of salt, you did an excellent job... I forgot more of that piece that I remember. I do re-learn it every few years just for piece of mind and keeping in playing shape...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

thanks Shawn
                    (I know you're a big Yngwie fan so I take your criticism to heart).
                    the backing track is a little off but it was the best one I could find on line.
                    Learning this song has really opened my eyes to deficiencies in my lefthand/right hand technique.
                    Whether you like Yngwie or not , when you try learning his stuff you will gain great respect for him.
                    I know I sure have.

Comment

Working...
                    X