New full song..... Maiden'ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New full song..... Maiden'ish

Not to sure if any of you will like this.

Tell me if the chorus is gay...... I like criticism, and I want to make sure that it's not totaly cheese or lame..

Let me know what you would change... Keep in mind im NOT a good metal singer, and I played all the drums(E-drums to DHKS 2)/bass/guitars/vox/back vox.

http://kainziw.com/MP3/therealme.mp3

Dude you are better as a one-man band than anything else I've heard on this forum from guys in "real" bands.

The biggest criticism I would have is that your solo at 3:15 is way too tame/boring. The rest of the song has excitement in it, put the same in the solo!

Comment

cough*cough*22 Acacia Avenue

The vocals were cool, kick-ass song all around. It would be great with real live drums

I do agree it needs a more manly solo. After the harmony part you should come out blazin. What you have there almost sounds like a scratch track that you intended to come back to later and either harmonize or record a real solo. Also would be cool to play a melodic lead over the bridge (clean apeggiated part).
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dude, great job once again! I think all of it was well played and I would also like to hear this with a live drummer. The drums sound too stiff to me.

I don't think the understated solo was out of place though. I do love a good shreddy solo, but that is rare these days. The way you played gave it a more modern edge IMO. The vocals were very good as well.

I like the melodic chorus. I'm always going for that as well.

Comment

Thanks men. As Im sure you know, Drums are the "toughest" thing to get recorded. I dont have the resources for a mic'd of drum kit, so I have my Roland/Pintech Kit going into Cubase where I then trigger Drumkit from Hell Superior.

I put filters on the Midi signal, like Quantise, and then I put in some "randomness" a few ticks randomness to put a little bit of "realism" but at this stage of the game, It's still overly processed.

I'll mebbe add some dynamics and variety to the basic solo riff.... Although Im saving my next good solo for my other song which will be done this week. It's a heavily early metallics type song.

Thanks for listening though, you guys are the only reason I do this because your the only ones who listen to my songs. I post them on facebook/myspace and I get zero hits, so it's nice to know someone takes the time to listen!
          Last edited by gemini8026; 08-07-2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Personally, I think you are selling yourself short by not finding other musicians and putting a "real" band together. You're a pretty talented guy.

Comment

Not bad at all man, really got the Maiden guitar sound going.
              Mix is great, kudos

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post
                Tell me if the chorus is gay......
                Not gay.

Cool tune--maybe a shade too derivative. I agree with others that said the leads need work.

Just FYI, the site you have your mp3 on was reported as an "attack site" by my spyware blocker...?
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

thanks. I dont get how that could be. It's a very simple site hosted by Geocities. Maybe their security isnt worth a shit. But I'll maybe re-upload everything and see if theres soem kind of hack on the pages

Comment

Working...
                  X