Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at it :P

Back to the grind....
    I haven't played a guitar since March, so I figure I should get back at it, so I played a bit and wrote this little thingamagig. Its just a little instrumental of generic heard-em-before metal riffs, but it was fun to record.

Interesting...I hurt my wrist cycling and stopped playing. It healed in 2 weeks, but I lost interest in playing and didn't pick it back up. But during this time I guess years of wear and tear on the tendons, nerves etc in my hands and wrists started to heal. I never really noticed this wearing down, I guess it happens gradually. So now I'm finding the down time was probably better for me than if I had been playing all along, it feels better to play now. I think a good long break might help a lot of long time players, even though it seems crazy at first.

Anyway heres the toon: Dragster

Re: Back at it :P

Hey man I liked that alot! It doesn't sound like someone who hasn't played since March and I thought it was original sounding. That style is right up my alley. Great job! Glad you're back at it!!

I've got a few more to record but just need a kick in the butt to get em started. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks bro! Well I was back playing for 4-5 days before I recorded this so that shook some rust off. The riffs are pretty standard territory for any metal player, it was more just for fun than original. I used a PRS for most of the tune, and a Soloist for the second lead, and a pod. Leafdrums for the drums.

Well get crackin' then pal!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Lets hear what ya got up your sleeve!!

Comment

pretty cool Mark, I liked it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

it is sometimes better to get away from the instrument for a week or two. Things are fresher when you get back to it.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
          Thanks Shawn, say, um, where are those 80's clips you were gonna cut loose with??? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Ha ha just kidding. Actually in summer my thoughts turn to beer and tanned babes, guitar kinda goes in the background. I suppose in winter my thoughts turn to beer and babes...there must be something different about summer. I guess it's the tanned part. Oh well. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good one Mark! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I've been busy spending time redoing my website, learning FrontPage2003 and removing stuff from onlinerock.com. I was was using their paid service and man their stuff is so slow for downloading. I didn't mind that for free but when I pay for it I have different look on things. I did manage to record the backing backing parts for the Dio tune. Also I'm looking for a good combo so I can record with a real amp, tired of the modeler thing for right now (all my mp3's wer done on the J Station). My JCM 800 2203 and 4x12 are too loud to record with so I'm looking for a low wattage Mesa etc...can't wait [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn, say, um, where are those 80's clips you were gonna cut loose with??? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Ha ha just kidding. Actually in summer my thoughts turn to beer and tanned babes, guitar kinda goes in the background. I suppose in winter my thoughts turn to beer and babes...there must be something different about summer. I guess it's the tanned part. Oh well. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I liked the guitar work a lot. The mix sucks arse though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Is there a bass guitar? It's hardly noticed if there's one, and if there's none, i missed it A LOT.

Hi hat seems a little too loud for my liking too.

The scale run from 1:11 to 1:22 KICKS MAJOR ASS!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As always, just my two cents.

Rodrigo
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X