In My Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In My Dreams

After hearing Gary's Rokken Dokken cover of this tune it made me want to get up off my ass and finally record something. I'm in an 80's metal thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/shaw...reams_mix1.mp3

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Re: In My Dreams

Hey Shawn that was pretty cool bro!!! Did you use the J-Station for recording? I've still got mine and am still working on getting sound to computer but its hard as I am not computer savvy and I have Cool Edit Pro2 which I'm still working out how to use. What software did you use?? Any pointers would be cool. Kammo1 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright now, you tryin' to out-do me? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Doesn't that song Rock?! It sounded great, love the tone on the solo, a bit closer to Lynch's sound than mine. Lynch's style is tough to copy. What did you record it with?

I would like to cover "It's not Love" or "Tooth and Nail" next but need the backing tracks.

We rule! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Kammo, did you get the track I emailed to you?
        So I guess we'll hear your version of 'In My Dreams" next? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We should have a contest.

Take care.

Comment

Hey Gary yes I did bro and thanks very much for it greatly appreciated [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Bro believe me I would love to play half as good as you and Shawn but I keep practicing, maybe when I've mastered the recording side I will post my rendition.
          Shawn thanks for the heads up. I think I will get Cakewalk as it seems to be the easiest version and is from what I've been told the best to start with. Man I love my J-Station and I am always trying some Lynch type sounds and I must admit they sound bang on but I don't know how they would sound recorded.I would gladly send you some patches if you want?? Let me know. Kammo1

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
            Its summer here and the kids are out of school and they take up a lot of my time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're a good man Shawn...... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

By the way, you both sounded great!

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sweet Shawn , great as always. Outstanding tone actually, really full and rich. Bastard. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Great job! You can tell it's a modeller because the low end is pretty fizzy and lacks thump... but the playing is so good that it hardly matters.

Nice work...

Steve
                Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Hey Kammo, yeah I did use the J-Station to record this. I just feed the mono (L) output of the J to my soundcard (M Audio Audiophile 2496). I use Guitar Tracks Pro to record with. You should be able to get it in your PC like this too. I'm not too familiar with Cool Edit but I would think you would need to arm the track and select the appropriate input in the app somewhere. In Guitar tracks Pro you have an input selection for each track, you have to pick the right one (the one you are using)

Gary, nah...I don't get into the whole out doing thing, if I did I would have at least practiced some and put in an effort to relearn the solo the right way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just did it by memory as I used to play it years ago in a cover band. You are right, the tune does rock..hearing yours made my heart pump and want to play it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

its a lot of fun playing these covers, I'll try to do some more when I have the time. Its summer here and the kids are out of school and they take up a lot of my time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Smokin"! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice work
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Nice version Shawn. It tends to get out of hand at times, but it's dificult to keep straight timing in the solo. Sound wise, it's definetely a guitar player's mix. The rest of the band is lost in space [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Keep posting dude, i enjoyed listening. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rodrigo
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                          thanks guys.

yeah sah5150 its just a J-Station...I'm really starting to not like the sterile sounds of it. I need to get a tube mic pre-amp so I can record the JCM 800 2203. Problem with that is it cuts down the time I can record in..too loud [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey bro -

You need one of these:

Amp Iso Box

You just stick your 4x12 in there and shove it in a closet and you can't even hear the amp. I have one and my recordings are done with a 100 W non-master amp with no attenuation and I record with my wife watching TV in the next room! These things are amazing because you record a real 4x12 and not some box with a speaker...

Pretty cool... mine was $800 shipped to SoCal...

Steve
                          Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                          My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

thanks guys.

yeah sah5150 its just a J-Station...I'm really starting to not like the sterile sounds of it. I need to get a tube mic pre-amp so I can record the JCM 800 2203. Problem with that is it cuts down the time I can record in..too loud [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                            X