Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of my 80's metal band's demos... Post Yours too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A couple of my 80\'s metal band\'s demos... Post Yours too!

Ok here's one from my band from 89. We were a thrash band though, so it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the clips in this thread [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Notes: -the guitar tone blows goats
    -the vocals are often cringe inducing
    -the song is an audio explanation of why
    we never got anywhere [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wrote all the music and played the leads, the singer did the lyrics and vocal lines etc.. The band was called Red Orchestra and the song is called Raindance. I was 21 at the time, and I had all the answers lemme tell ya!! Quite the 'tude on me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Where did the years go? Now I'm 36. I still look and feel young, but shit the days go by so fast now [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

We had better tunes, but this was the most convenient one to get on my computer. The file is also a real audio file (.ra)

Raindance

Comment

Mark that is an awesome song man, I'd like to hear more of your stuff. I normally don't listen to thrash but your stuff has alot of groove to it and killer guitar riffs! The drummer is great also, must have been sober.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Makes me want to practice more [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for the clip, post more.

Comment

Hey Mark!

Thanks for the post. The vocals really do suck, but the guitar playing and riffs are real good. Excellent solo! Drummer is tight... You guys should have gotten a different singer...

Steve
        Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
        My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Sa5150, your songs were great as well man, you have a new fan. My kind of Metal! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Great stuff guys. I'd post mine but I don't have any on MP3. Maybe I'll re-record them.......Hmmm
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
              Sa5150, your songs were great as well man, you have a new fan. My kind of Metal! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Gary! You guys did some cool stuff. I would love to have heard really good recordings/production of the Mean Streets stuff you and tx posted!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sah5150:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gary Powell:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Gary! You guys did some cool stuff. I would love to have heard really good recordings/production of the Mean Streets stuff you and tx posted!

Steve
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, me too! We were just beginners and our playing was very simplistic. Our singer was sick that day. Some old guy had a hole-in-the-wall studio which was just an P.of.S. mixer and mic's in a small room. We were too poor to pay anyone for a better recording. The songs were put on a master cassette tape and transferred recently to cd. Pat and I are in the process of re-recording everything digitally with his Guitar tracks software. We are going to ask the guy who sang on it if he wants to do the vocals again. His voice has changed drastically and he sings very low key now. He sings nu-metal now.

Thanks for being kind! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Took me awhile to find this. Recorded somewhere around '89-'90 (I was about 19). Encoded it a few years ago, the tape was in bad shape. Sound quality kinda sucks, and the lyrics were all adlib. Judgement Day The second solo is mine. Be kind.

Comment

Originally posted by VanOsbourne:
                    Took me awhile to find this. Recorded somewhere around '89-'90 (I was about 19). Encoded it a few years ago, the tape was in bad shape. Sound quality kinda sucks, and the lyrics were all adlib. Judgement Day The second solo is mine. Be kind.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool stuff, bro! Thanks for posting. The solo was really good - nice sweeping! Lyrics/vocals weren't my cup of tea, but everything that is a subjective comment...

Steve

Comment

Have any of you guys still got the guitars you used on these tracks? Id love to see pics of them!

Comment

Sah5150, the singer made up the lyrics as he sang them, and it was his first time ever singing. Thanks for the kudo's.

Kit, the guitar I used, is my old "Firebrand" Gibson SG, which is in the pic (taken when I was about 20)in my profile.

Comment

Working...
                        X