Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satriani clip - tonal comments wanted plz

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/bluedream.mp3

What do you guys think of the guitar tone? Thanks!

Pete

Re: Satriani clip - tonal comments wanted plz

very good....I enjoyed it.

Comment

I think the clean sound could be more sparkly, and perhaps played without a pick...the lead sound is excellent.

I don't have the original here, so I don't know if you are duplicating tones or just trying stuff out?

Excellent playing.
      I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Originally posted by rEs:
        I think the clean sound could be more sparkly, and perhaps played without a pick...the lead sound is excellent.

I don't have the original here, so I don't know if you are duplicating tones or just trying stuff out?

Excellent playing.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. I only did the leads - the rest was a backing track. I'd go nuts playing dum de de dum dum de dum over and over like that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I was just trying out an amp I built someone - seeing what general tonal consensus was.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
          very good....I enjoyed it.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man!

Pete

Comment

Thanks. I only did the leads - the rest was a backing track.
            Pete
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool...it sounds excellent.
            I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

I need fuckin broadband! It took me 9.5 minutes to download that. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] The tones sound awesome on the leads. Someone should be happy with that amp.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Charvelman:
                I need fuckin broadband! It took me 9.5 minutes to download that. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] The tones sound awesome on the leads. Someone should be happy with that amp.

Chuck
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Chuck. Glad ya stuck with it... I sure wish there was a way to make smaller clips - that is right at the point where it starts to sound horrible to me. Any smaller, and the quality is awful. My original wav files sound better, but then we're talking 40mb or so vs 2-3.

Pete

Comment

Pete,

The tone is awesome! Very violin-like.

Hard to believe that it's coming out of just a rack poweramp.

Very, very nice.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                    Pete,

Very, very nice.

Fritz
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, to be fair I did boost it with a modded Boss Super Overdrive pedal - volume maxed, tone full up, and gain at 25%. It just pushed the rack amp a little harder. And yeah, it was getting sustainy waves o' controllable feedback all over the place. Without the pedal it's a old ZZtop kinda tone - something that a lot of newer amps can't do very well, in my opinion. Sometimes simpler just works better for some things.

One minor tweak here and there, get your faceplate printed, mount it and you should be in 3 watt rackmount land, Fritz. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

You're da man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Absolutely fantastic!

Comment

Pete that tone just kills! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                          Pete,

Very, very nice.

Fritz
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, to be fair I did boost it with a modded Boss Super Overdrive pedal - volume maxed, tone full up, and gain at 25%. It just pushed the rack amp a little harder. And yeah, it was getting sustainy waves o' controllable feedback all over the place. Without the pedal it's a old ZZtop kinda tone - something that a lot of newer amps can't do very well, in my opinion. Sometimes simpler just works better for some things.

One minor tweak here and there, get your faceplate printed, mount it and you should be in 3 watt rackmount land, Fritz. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ONLY 3 watt!!! WTF!! Damn, you are good!

Fong

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I don't think it would work well for gigs, unless you were playing a coffeehouse or something, but for recording it's the bees knees. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You guys oughta see what I'm cooking up for my high gain amp... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Sounds nice Pete...I love the tone. I don't know if you were trying to achieve the exact Satch tone but yours is a little thicker and less treble. Nonetheless...nice tone in itself.

I like the way it fedback nicely. Sounds like you have a winner.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X