Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Thrash MP3s...

alrite, we recorded these ourselves, the guitar sounds are:
    1. Jackson RRX dimarzio evolution p/up- marshall jmp-1 - 15 band eq- marshall el34 power amp - celestion 4x 12
    and
    2. BC rich Virgin NJ SD Dimebucker - marshall 9000 pre - selmer treble n bass 50w - celestion cab.
    hope you like

Skinny Human State

The Forgotten King

The Fury of the Northmen

Official Achren Site

Re: Scottish Thrash MP3s...

Awesome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

All hail the Scotts' forgotten king [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I wish you guys included some soloing in the samples though.

edit: I just heard the solo in Skinny Human State. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Cool but I want more!!

Comment

Och aye the noo laddies [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Have to get my playing up and record some Welsh Thrash [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice.... With today being St. Pattty's day, how about some Scots/Irish Riverdance? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sounds great! BTW, Nice gallery on the website!

Comment

Cool sounds!!! I enjoyed it a lot! I wish you guys all the luck. Keep metal alive!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

cheers for the comments buds. Just thought I'd mention there's NO BASS GUITAR on the recordings (and we don't use one live either), it's just two guitars, vocals and drums. Maybe that's part of why we don't go for long solos at the moment, haven't really thought about it much. having said that, 4 out the 6 songs on the CD have solos, just not in the samples!
            Cheers
            Callum

Comment

Heavy [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Callum, it sounds good laddy!I'm not a particular fan of the growling vocals,but it does sound right on!definitely the right sound to drive the snakes from Ireland! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                last band i was in,our bass player walked out in the middle of the sound check our first night playing live on stage! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] most people didn't even notice! he actually sat the bass down on it's end and let the neck fall to the ground! it wasn't even his bass! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                so we ended up with just 2 guitarists and a drummer.
                cheers mate! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Rory

Comment

this is the BEST music I've heard in years.

how much is shipping to Canada? your world shop doesnt include the shipping cost for your EP.

[ March 22, 2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: rEs ]
                  I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Alrite,
                    em, it's maybe not so well worded, but all the prices on the site include postage, so it's $8 US all in for the CD,
                    cheers
                    Callum

Comment

rory- bassists are definitely overrated! most bands i see in Glasgow you can't hear the guitars or the drums over all that messy low end rumble that doesn't add anything anyway. And I play bass in one of them! (always turn the amp down tho [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
                      X