No announcement yet.

u want to hear me play? here it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: u want to hear me play? here it is...

You definitely have some talent! I always admire a good classical guitarist.

If you really want to impress me, you'll work at getting good as your own guitar player without any goals of being better than another guitarist. That's shameless pride, and it is not impressive.

Being a talented guitarist is an awesome thing, but being a talented and humble guitarist is truely great.

Comment

cool, its nice to hear some classical.

Comment

Very cool stuff. Makes me want to get a nylon-stringed acoustic!

You definately fingerpick the hell out of me, that's for sure.

So hey, you can feel good knowing you just inspired me to start a little bit of classical guitar study. Thanks bro!

-Thor K.

Comment

Oh also, what is the actual name of the piece?

Comment

oh wow, thanks guys, I feel really honored.

I think I'll record a few more other classical pieces. I'm getting more and more polished with classical fingerings.

It's one of Bach's cello suites... forgot which one. But its BWV1009a prelude. You should be able to find it easily with that.

Here's the tab
            http://alt.venus.co.uk/weed/music/classtab/jsb1009u.txt

That is a great site with hundreds of classical guitar tabs

BTW, I was using a steel string eletric acoustic with piezos. I love the sound of nylon strings + finger nails, but I've never owned one... And nylon strings are like rubber bands.. rolling around under your left hand -_-. Plus I have a small hand...

Though I don't think a small hand hinders anything. Certainly not speed and agility.

Comment

Oh, one more thing.

Since I pretty much learnt to play with a pick first, learning pure fingerstyle would be like starting from scratch for me.

So, when I play classical pieces, I use a hybrid of alternative picking + finger style. I use my index finger nail as a pick for scales and sweeps(very rare). The rest of the time, its simply easier to fingerstyle:

| | | | | | | | |
              |----5-------8-------5---|----5-------5-------5---|----5-------5-------5---|
              |------------------------|--4---4-----------------|--4---4-----------4---4-|
              |--5---5---5---5---5---5-|----------4---4---6---6-|----------6---6---------|
              |------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
              |------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
              |0-------0-------0-------|0-------0-------0-------|0-------0-------0-------|

took me about a week to be able to play fingerstyle smoothly. Though I never, and still cannot, play scales using pure fingerstyle smoothly (I never tried to). If there's more than 2 notes on a string... I usually do pick style

It's really messed up I know, but it works ok. I thought I was the only one to do this., but apparently one of my classical guitar friends know someone who plays like that too!

My other classical guitar friend told me there's this guy that uses his thumb as a pick. And his entire picking motion comes from one single knuckle on his thumb.. wow.. apparently he's really fast.

Comment

cool man, thanks for the info.

I know the basic PIMAS and some basic fingering exercises from school, but it's pretty new to me, having been playing with a pick form the start.

I'll definately look that song up, sounds great whatever guitar it came from.

-thor k.

Comment

you should check out:

At The Gates - and the world returned

you've probably heard of them, but anyway, it's a classical song.. a really beautiful one that you'd probably enjoy

Comment

MT... here is my critique. I am sure you are waiting with baited breath for it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I love the piece.
                    You obviously have talent
                    Your high e was a little flat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Your playing was too safe. You need to play and record with more emotion. That piece is very important and should be played with that in mind. You sounded like you were just going through the motions or site reading and ignoring the accents which are all the good parts regarding Bach. I can't wait until I hear you shred. Bring it on!!! and thanks for the song. It must have taken a while to learn it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like you know your limitations and are ready to practice on them already. This is pretty good from tab though. There were some weak points in technique and phrasing, but still listenable.

Comment

Working...
                      X