Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Demo - Brutal Death from Hamburg, Germany

I love this kind of stuff!

Pretty good, get some pounding double bass on there and it would be 10x heavier [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for solos there isnt really a place for it i dont think, maybe after the singer gos 'dyiiiinggg' at 2:14ish you could have a slayer esque one.

Its good as it is though, the riffs change enough so that a solo isnt REALLY needed.

First Demo - Brutal Death from Hamburg, Germany

Hi all,

a few days ago my death metal band called "Devastator" recorded a few of our songs in our rehearsal room.

I used my Jackson DKMGT with a SD JB in the bridge into my Peavey XXL head and Behringer BG412H cab.
    Our other guitarist used his BC Rich Warlock 7-string with stock BC Rich pickups into a Marshall 8100 Valvestate head and Behringer BG412H cabinet.

Sound quality isn't the best, because we recorded with a minidisc player using earplugs as the microphone. But after mixing and mastering the whole thing with Audition it actually came out not to bad. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    The only thing that is totally missing in the recording is the double bass, and that's really a shame in this kind of music. We're working on a solution for this... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So, this is a song from the demo for you to check out (yes, I chose what we all believe to be our best song so far).
    Feel free to post your opinions and be honest... I can handle criticsm.

www.angelfire.com/music5/flying_guitarist/Devastator_Grinder_Execution.mp3

BTW, tomorrow my melodic death band "Uncreation" is going to record a demo in the same way too; I'll keep you posted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Re: First Demo - Brutal Death from Hamburg, Germany

Holla die Waldfee. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The lack of a bassdrum really takes some of the energy away, but one can imagine what it's supposed to sound like. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I like the riffing (the one around 1:30 is really cool), the arrangement is quite cool as well - even though the singer sings too much for my liking, and a solo is missing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      But that's just nitpicking, the song rocks. Get a decent recording soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

First of all, thanks a lot for the review.

Funny thing is you adressed exactly what we think are the weak points of the song, too.

Our vocalist wrote the lyrics and maybe went a little overboard, but we decided to keep it all like he wrote it.

And the lack of a solo... well, I kinda didn't know where to put one in this song. In other songs we do play solos however. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you too! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'll check back next weekend when I'm home again... until then feel free to post your opinions, I'll read it all next Saturday. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Great material, man! Nice growling. You, guys, are good! Any info on the equipment?

Comment

Wie Sie "Cookie Monster" auf Deutsch sagen?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Krümelmonster"

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can do with out the Cookie Monster vocals... but to each their own... nothin' wrong with it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The guitar rocks dude [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks man!

Yes, to each their own...but seriously, could you imagine clean vocals over those riffs?
                      I can't. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

you have several places in the song where a solo would fit, simply after one of the verses or bridges.

excellent stuff!
                        I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

good shit man [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X