Demo stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo stuff

I probably shouldn't post this, I already feel embarassed for my playing. I'd need an "uh-oh" smiley here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Collateral Damage

Legions, for the lack of a better title [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Torture

I played all guitars, save for the 2nd solos in Legions and Torture. I know I suck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Demo stuff

Sounds pretty damn cool to me! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] What gear were you using?

Comment

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I played my WRMG with an EMG85 in the bridge pos and 81 in the neck pos (thanks to Black Mariah, the PUs rip [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ) thru an Engl Powerball and Peavey 5150 for the rhythm stuff, and my trusty Marshall 900 SLX for the leads (neck pickup active there).
      The other guy used a newer BCR NJ series Warlock (all stock) for his solo in Torture and my Warrior for the one in Legions, because his BCR is crap and the volume pot crapped out on him. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Baum83:
        I know I suck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got that right, Baum. You sure suck at judging yourself. The demo tracks are fine metal to my ears!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I bet lots of work went into arranging those tracks. I dig your rythm sound. Having a small problem with the EMG85 in the beginning af Torture? Or was that intentional... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You and the drummer need to work a bit on the "tightness", if you don't mind me saying so. What mics did you use for recording the guitars?

/Henrik
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That's the 5150 during the intro to Torture, if it isn't busy making some other kinda noise, it's feedbacking [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Collateral Damage is the song the most work went into, it's completely by me and took a few weeks to finish. Legions was actually done in two days, basically, me jamming with the bassplayer to a new lyric the singer just brought to us. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Yup, our drummer is not really up to metal standards yet, but she's (no typo [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) working on it. It's only been around 6 months we've been really making her play that kind of stuff, so she lacks a little experience in that field.
          As for the mike.. no idea about the exact model, it was an AKG though.

Comment

they sound pretty cool to me
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] MOSH ON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I really liked "Legions", although I can't imagine your drummer liked you very much when you first presented the song to her... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              sigpic

Comment

Initially, there were blastbeats in it, go figure [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

So far I have only downloaded Collateral Damage (I am on ISDN connection).

Sounds really good to me! Way better recording than our demo at least... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The vocals are not my fav kind, but I love the rhythm guitar.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Usually, he has a lot more "extreme" voice - he just didn't get along with the microphone, and to add to it had a sore throat, so the vocals are really sub-par if you've heard him live. The parts with the deep growls would sound quite Deicide-like if he sounded the way he does. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys sound way cool! No reason to be ashamed. 85 in bridge position, ha? Keep on rocking! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X