Rough demo of a new tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough demo of a new tune

My band's going into the studio next week so we did a little bit of a preproduction of one of our tunes, no bass or vocals or leads, but it came out sounding pretty decent I suppose! Let me know what you guys think of the riffs and stuff, we've got a lot of positive feedback over the last 2 years but it's all been from friends and the like, so be critical and let us know what you don't like because chances are we don't think that part is perfect either, you know what I'm getting at? Well here's the link!

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/f0rb...eyonddeath.mp3

Re: Rough demo of a new tune

holy shit, do you even need a bass player? that is some serious chug in that tone.

the riffs are awesome, i'm wondering....what vocal style do you guys generally use? Death vox? or what.

there is one part...around 1 minute into it. The sound kind of disapears...I couldn't tell if that was on purpose..or if it faded in from the left side or something. I didn't know what you were trying ot do there...but other than that. IT was really good. I could hear alot of kickass influences too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

pretty happnin man [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] its got potential love your drummers feet,great kicks.the beginning drags on just a little long unless there is some form of bass build up or speaking that is not on here, and there is a sloppy guitar part in the clean sec. one would almost miss it if one wasnt listening for it. i dig the little trills toward the end. what part/s are the solos over?
      ,,,,its cool id like to hear this with the full deal,

MOSH ON
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Awesome riffs! Id buy it man!

Comment

Motherfuck yeah bro , ...

I hate dial up .....but I had to hear some of your stuff ...nice , your talkin' my language [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'll trade ya discs when we get them done ....deal??!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

keep up the good work.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah it is GOOD!

Comment

Wow thanks for the positive feedback guys! Yeah there's a lot of slop happening in there, it was basically one take per guitar track as we just recorded it to make sure we weren't going to realize that something in there was extremely difficult to pull off well in the studio and then end up wasting more money then we needed to. Our singer typically uses a pure death metal style, but not like Sect of Execration deep or anything, he's got a bit of a Bloodbath thing happening. The solo is supposed to be after that little tapping bit (also played sloppily, haha.) I'll be sure to post an mp3 of the full finished version once we record, again, thanks guys!

Oh BTW, all of that recording was done with a shareware drum sequencer and some free samples as well as a DXMG with stock pickups and a Washburn A5 Stage model from the 80's also with stock pickups going into a POD 2.0 and a cheap mixer we got for free [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X