Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Steely Dan

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/SteelyDamned.mp3

Guy on HC did a great backing track. Here's my wankage over the top... kinda tricky changes in parts. And yes, I meant to play those b5s in the first two verses. Added lots of tension [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, gear used - Vetta II direct to PC, Peavey wolfgang standard USA archtop stoptail, and all the way through with one take, except for the interlude before the solo section.

Pete

Re: Some Steely Dan

I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to the whole thing.
    Your playing wasn't bad, but I like the dan too much.
    To hear someone wanking over a great groove like that is sacrilege IMO.
    Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
      I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to the whole thing.
      Your playing wasn't bad, but I like the dan too much.
      To hear someone wanking over a great groove like that is sacrilege IMO.
      Sorry.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Avoid the HC amp section then... you're going to hear around ten of us doing just that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

...and if you didn't want to hear wanking over the track, why download it in the first place?

Pete

Comment

One of these things is not like the other--one of these things is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I'm laid off and have alot of free time on my hands. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Pete ..

How are you setup to record from the vetta to the pc
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
              Hey Pete ..

How are you setup to record from the vetta to the pc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plugging analog outs in stereo to cables to a radio shack stereo 'Y' adapter to my line in. Haven't bought the digital I/O board yet.

Did your vetta come in yet?

Pete

Comment

Vetta has been there for months ..was waiting for him to get the digital board in ..came in last week ..I may go pick it up either tonight or tomorrow if time permits ..
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey Man, wank away. I liked the lead tone very much. Although I appreciate Steely Dan alot also, I enjoyed hearing you get into it. I'm interested in recording through the PC also, maybe you can e-mail me some details so I can submit some stuff also. Good job !

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Pete, I love your playing but it doesn't go with that song at all. And yes, I happen to be a huge SD fan. I wanna hear you do some Gilmour!! C'mon bro! How about the "Comfortably Numb" solo?
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X