Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Pod demo, a little Halford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Pod demo, a little Halford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H'lo again guys. I spent a few minutes this evening trying to get that Halford sound!

http://www.chrisflook.com/halfpod.mp3
    (it's my friends website, dont mind its lameness)

I did some drop tuning, so stuff may be a TAD out of tune because I had trouble keeping the strings from flailing around [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Ive never played around in Drop D but I had trouble getting it to sound "in tune". I assume from the straigns flapping around?!?

All done in Cubase SX with a lot of help from Various plugins and such! It's not note for note and I didnt play the opening solo because im not good enough on the ole geetar [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Lemme know if it sounds ok!

(recorded using a Wolfgang special into PodXT)

Re: Next Pod demo, a little Halford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was awesome! "Made In Hell"!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The first little bit REALLY sounds like the "Resurrection" CD tone... the rest doesn't really sound like it, but instead, sounds like a unique and very cool "spin-off" version of the Halford sound! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Were you playing drums and bass too, or were those sequenced?

Comment

I was listening to your clip again... I noticed you changed the verse riff so that it starts with a slide up each time, which sounds BETTER than the original song is that respect! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Are you going to do a full "Made In Hell" cover? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for having a listen priest.

Yah, I changed that riff at the end, for that exact reason, It's in the same "key" but it sounds a little tighter, I was having issues playing with the drop D, my strings were so sloppy, that it didnt sound right, sloppy and not in tune!

Cover the whole tune? Nah, Im too lazy, I like trying to get other groups sound, but I dont like copying. At the end, im not satisfied, because I never wrote the music. Although its a Great song! I love that whole album!

I'm also no good at Solo's. I can hold my own with basic stuff, but I dont have the skill to pull off technical stuff (megadeth tunes are hard, im trying to match their sound)

Right now im just honing my recording skills, might try out some vocals too. From there, Id like to do some of my own stuff!

Drums/Bass are ALL sequenced using my good old hand in Cubase's Midi editor and drum editor. Takes too long, midi drums are coming next, and im gonna buy a cheap Kramer Bass.

Any other Q's shoot away!

Comment

Working...
        X