Slayer - Jesus Saves (clip inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer - Jesus Saves (clip inside)

I recorded this last night > http://slaytanicdannym.com/DannyM_JesusSaves.mp3

its my dk1 with new dimarzio super 3 pickups, JVM 410H pre amp direct into cubase (via mbox 2 mini) with a 1960A cab impulse.

Recording direct with cab impulses is so cool.....and silent!
    My wife and daughter were asleep in the next room while I did this.
    I used headphones to monitor and mix so the sound and mix probably isnt the best it could be.......
    and I improvised the solo's cause I forgot them.....
    and I havent quite dialed in the amp for silent recording and for these new pickups......
    but it was fun and I felt like sharing.

Fantastic tone! Pardon my ignorance, but what is a cab impulse?
    Scott

Comment

that sounds great!
      wha the hell is a cab impulse?
      I'd love to be able to record silently at my house.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Fantastic tone! Pardon my ignorance, but what is a cab impulse?

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
        that sounds great!
        wha the hell is a cab impulse?
        I'd love to be able to record silently at my house.

Thanks.

A cab impulse is a wav file. People create cab impulses with different mics, cabs, speakers, mic pre, mic angles, etc. You record your pre amp direct into your pc ......it will sound all fizzy and sizzly cause theres not a power amp or cabinet in the signal....then you load a plug in and pick a cab impulse file. That will make it sound 'normal' again...like a mic'd cabinet.

Here is where I learned about cab impulse -> http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/vie...hp?f=32&t=2452

You can find dozens...maybe even hundreds of different cab impulse files on the web. some are good, some are bad....but you can try different ones and it will give your recording a different tone.

Comment

Great tone! Nice playing too. You got the solos as close as they need to be. Closer than King or Hanneman has gotten them since they recorderd them!
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Hi Danny, welcome back!

I was recently looking for your website!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sounds great! Nice job. One of my favorite Slayer songs.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                Great tone! Nice playing too. You got the solos as close as they need to be. Closer than King or Hanneman has gotten them since they recorderd them!
                Thanks.

I'm digging the tone of Super 3 that I installed the other day over the stock emgs that came in the DK1. I've gotten tired of the sound....and more, the feel of emgs and am switching back to passives. I put a invader in my ESP MII (http://home.satx.rr.com/dannym/ESPMII.html). I'm replacing the invader with a Surh Aldridge bridge pick up (zebra) that I bought yesterday. It should be here in a couple of days. The Invader sounds great.....its just feels a little to loose on the bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Hi Danny, welcome back!

I was recently looking for your website!
                  Thanks.

I took a break from jamming....like a year or so. Just recently got back into playing again. I'm getting and ENGL SE (EL34) next week

I'll be getting that dialed in and start recording and putting clips up on my website -> http://slaytanicdannym.com

It'll have lots of slayer tunes.....but I'll put up some other stuff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Sounds great! Nice job. One of my favorite Slayer songs.
                    Cool....thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X