Death Metal from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Metal from Texas

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and I wanted to share an MP3 from My band, Crimson Thirst. The guitar I used is a Japanese Jackson Dinky with a Seymour JB pickup. I used a Marshall JMP-1 Pre-amp to get the sound. My rhythm guitarist recorded his tracks with the same setup. The direct link to the MP3 clip is: http://crimsonthirst.hypermart.net/gates.mp3
    or visit the website at
    http://crimsonthirst.hypermart.net/

Re: Death Metal from Texas

Very unique! I like it, I like the chick singer.

some constructive criticism, the lead sounds a bit to harsh, or trebly but other than its pretty good

Comment

I totally agree with You. I am planning to go back and redo the lead because I used the bridge pickup to record it, and I think it would sound better using the neck. Also, we used the same tone for the rhythm as for the lead so I also think that could be improved upon.

Comment

sounds awesome man, got some great ideas there. What do you guys tune to, just wondering as im getting a jmp1, and you have a pretty tight sound right there. What poweramp did you use? or did you record it directly into a comp?
        cheers

Comment

Very cool. Great job. The female singer does a good job of matching the band's intensity [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I used a TubeWorks Mosvalve MV-962 Power amp with the JMP-1. It is a great Power amp for the money and works well with My setup. We Mic'd the cabinet for this recording.

Comment

That is some pretty cool stuff. Overall sounded very good. Keep it up! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
              The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Hello,
                this is the lead singer from Crimson Thirst Evelynn. I appreciate the compliment
                Thank you

Evelynn

Comment

my grandma's name was evelyn. she made good pie. she's dead now.... will you make me pie?

nice song BTW.

Comment

Damn... Is the chick growling?!?!!? If so, thats some good shit! For you deatheads, check out Fear Absolute - http://www.fearabsolute.com
                    some intense death metal influenced by Death, etc.

Comment

yea, the Singing and the growling, I am doing that

I checked out your band the song dreamland....pretty awesome, dude

Comment

Jonny/Evelyn,

Just curious what part of Texas you're in. I live in Austin...

Can't listen to your song from here at work, but I'll check it out later when I get home.

Annah

Comment

Hey Annah, We hail from the east Texas area. We play mostly in Dallas right now. The Austin scene really seems a lot better for our style though. I hope We can start playing down there soon.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The singer is great!! I'm impressed by the whole song, well done [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            93 USA Soloist EDS
                            USA HT6 Juggernaut
                            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Jonny... good song! I like it. You guys might be interested in checking-out San Antonio. It's a hot-bed for metal/hard-core stuff right now and the scene is populated by a younger crowd for the most part. I've seen and heard some good stuff coming from there.

Austin is becoming a little bit better for heavy music, but still has it's own strange rock sound... which is kind of a pop-rock/punk mixed with blues-type thing. It's sort of hard to describe. Not bad, but not very heavy. There is a small underground metal scene here though, which is picking up. There are, however, a bazillion musicians here!

If your band wants to play Austin, I would recommend contacting management at The Backroom. They're a great metal venue (I saw Hipocrisy, Children of Bodom, and a few others there recently) and would probably be a great way to step into Austin's heavy underground.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X