Here's another...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another...

Seing as though it's Randy's birthday today, I thought I'd take a stab at another classic Rhoads solo, Goodbye to Romance. Feedback is always appreciated. Enjoy!

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/...omancesolo.mp3

Re: Here\'s another...

Steve,

That's pretty cool! One of my favorite Randy solos. There's a spot right around :30 that sounds a bit off... and my only other criticism would be that you need to work on the FEEL of the solo some more and it could flow a bit more smoothly.

Something I love about Randy's playing is the smoothness with which he played and connected his solo parts together. He was phenomenally talented at that. He was SOOOO full of soul and passion. I think that helped him blend riffs together so well.

Keep up the good work! I think you're doing great. How long have you been playing?

Annah

Comment

Re: Here\'s another...

I appreciate your criticism Annah, that's kinda what I'm looking for. Funny thing is, I practiced this solo many times before I recorded it trying to get a smooth and relaxed feel. I do have a bad habit of tensing up, especially when I play fast (see the fast trills). Another problem I had was getting those trills clean and not having other strings ring out. Muting is definitely the key I suppose... Anyone else?

How long have I been playing? Oh about six months... Just kidding! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'm 32 now so I guess about 17 yrs or so, but I've always been more of a weekend warrior than a serious player. I even stopped playing for a few years... Kinda wish I hadn't now that I'm back into it!

Randy was the king in my book and it's hard (for me at least) to play his stuff properly. Definitely takes some work!

Comment

Working...
      X