My first online recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first online recording

Hey everyone! I just got done recording an Improv. piece. I have to warn you, the quality is very poor, and it will probably take quite some time to download, but im only 15 years old, and im still learning the whole computer recording thing. Please download it as i would love you all to comment on my playing so i can improve on my weak points. Thanks!

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/taxi.../improv._1.wav

Re: My first online recording

Go to cdex or acoustica.com and get a wav to mp3 converter or download one from kazaa

Comment

Why? is there a problem opening it?? I'll download it, thanks.

Comment

eh, nope everythings fine, but converting to mp3 will greatly reduce the size of the file, so downloads will be much quicker and it wont take up so much room on your online account, thats all.I haven't heard it yet but I will certainly listen to it

Comment

Ok! I converted it over to Mp3! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/taxi.../improv._1.mp3

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/taxi.../improv._2.mp3

Can anyone tell me anything more anout recording like this?? I'm thinking of buying a uni-directional mic, and pluging it into one of the USB ports on my computer with a jack coverter, and micing my 4x12 with that. Thanks Mark!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think its pretty cool guitar work John. You are good player too...I wish I would have played when I was 15 I listened to both and performance wise they were really good..reminds me of Vinnie Moore. The mix is what needs some work but that really comes with experience...the more you record, the more you mix, the better the sound gets. What were you using to record? Sounds a little flat but as I said the more you do and experiment the better you get at knowing what to tweak. Getting the parts down is the easy part for me...its the mixing that takes a long time.

You can mic your cab and that would work fine. mic placement is is another art form in itself. I use a J-Station most of the the time because it is so easy to get a good sound without having to shake the house with a Marshall Try to get a good level when recording all of your tracks...I peak in the reds as long as it doesn't clip.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn, thanks for the comment! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

The way i recorded those clips is a pretty simple setup and placement of things. Sadly, i don't have a "real" microphone yet, but, my webcab has a pretty basic one built in, so i sat that on the floor infront of my 4x12 and boombox (it was playing the back tracking), recorded it all in the same run, and posted it up! It's a dinky little setup, but it will hold me over until i get my bedroom done up for this kinda stuff. Thanks for all that information aswell, it sure will come in handy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, is it just me, or does it seem like me, you and Mark always post in the same threads?? LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

cool clip john!! gald to see and hear your getting your computer set up to record with!

Comment

Nice chops John! I like the jazzy/rockin' feel you've got goin' on there!

Lookin' forward to hearing more from you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Annah

Comment

Thanks Annah! i'll be posting more soon, with better quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X