jgcable's new song Please critique!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable's new song Please critique!!

Hey guys, I am desperately trying to come up with some new material. I have written over 50 songs throughout the years. Last night this entire song hit me like a ton of bricks. I quickly ran downstairs and recorded it before I forgot how it went. Le me know what you think. It is rough and my vocals are weak but I recorded it as fast as I could before it vanished from my mind. Of course the drums are basic and there is no bass guitar track but I would appreciate it it you could please let me know what you think of the song in general. Thanks bros... You Don't Know Me

Re: jgcable\'s new song Please critique!!

Hey.... I think we just found Aldo Nova
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Actually its not bad, but its about 20 yrs too late. Funny I was kinda wondering where Aldo Nova came in, then you did your solo and it was like a blast from the past. I love music from 20 yrs ago so to me it was pretty good. I thought the vocals were just a little to loud. But the music was very commercial 80's rock, and well written.
      Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
        Hey.... I think we just found Aldo Nova
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMFAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I definately need to start drinking again...

Comment

Cool. Kinda reminds me of an Eddie Money song.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL It's not that bad... it's catchy, but a little too repetitive. I had the melody in my head for awhile last night before I went to bed. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                LOL It's not that bad... it's catchy, but a little too repetitive. I had the melody in my head for awhile last night before I went to bed. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, thats a scary thought... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                On a serious note, I was so frantic to record it I just kept repeating the hook and the chorus. I haven't had an almost entire song hit me in a while. I rushed to get it down and it sounds like it. I thought it was kind of catchy too. Maybe not in a good way but catchy none the less. I am going to reproduce it tonight and add some stuff and remix. I will repost it and see how bad it sounds. Hopefully this song has ended my writing block.

Comment

I think it is pretty cool but is certainly a bit dated...honestly sounds a lot like a bunch of the bands we gigged with in the Detroit area in 85-87...metal bands attempting to sound a bit more commercial so they could play the nicer clubs around town [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the first few bars of the solo are real close to aldo nova's fantasy.

Overall...cool catchy radio friendly tune for the 80's
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

So there you go... good ole jgcable forever stuck in the 80's. Thats cool..

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      Cool. Kinda reminds me of an Eddie Money song.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, I agree but after his career went down the tubes. Geez... what was I thinking?? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

JG, that is pretty cool. Great vocals too.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It is a cool hook. I looped it for a while and I was humming it after it was over.

Comment

JG

Nothing wrong with the "vintage" sound. I am a prisoner of 80's riffs. Sometimes I write on keys or bass to get a different sound when I hit a rut. I have not written a complete song in 15 years so your dry spell is short lived.

I know I will record soon once I finish these guitar projects

Kev

Comment

Yep. The 80's were great. I like it. Catchy. May not be the next big thing but it is a good solid song with a solid rhythm. Lets here the new version John. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X