Larry Carlton clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Carlton clip

has some clams, one shot straight through, no edits... not my favorite recorded tone, but it was fun as heck to play.

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/Pete335.mp3

Note to some who noticed my wah addiction - NO WAH in this clip! I was wah-free. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Larry Carlton clip

good playin...I enjoyed it.

Comment

Good stuff Pete, very "Steely Dan". Now why don't you go cut an album or something? [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

thats great Pete.....I love Larry Carlton. I wore out the Sleepwalk album. What is this track off of? I don't recall hearing as much distortion on his solo stuff...he's the master of the pentatonics and clean 335 tones.

Great playing and I like the silky smooth tone you go going on...great track to wail over as you can cop a grove or get totally out there and it still works.

Great job again Pete...btw...I'm really starting to hate you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks guys. The original song is called Room 335, and it's off his solo album titled "larry carlton". Good stuff!

Regarding the Steely Dan comparison - yeah, the backing is very SD sounding. Larry played guitar on a lot of their stuff, and played most of the solos on the Royal Scam album. My favorite solos he did with SD were Kid Charlemagne and Don't Take Me Alive. I'm not real hip on his recent recordings, but back then he was amazing.

Pete

Comment

Pete,
            you're truly one of a kind [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
              Regarding the Steely Dan comparison - yeah, the backing is very SD sounding. Larry played guitar on a lot of their stuff, and played most of the solos on the Royal Scam album. My favorite solos he did with SD were Kid Charlemagne and Don't Take Me Alive. I'm not real hip on his recent recordings, but back then he was amazing.

Pete
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed..... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Soooo... Pete. What planet are you from? You got what...6...7 fingers per hand? I really liked the way you didnt just start shreadding. Worked up to it...VERY cool! I want to see this one on video!
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

LOL, it's hilarious to watch HuntinDog's avatar above dancing away while listening to Twisteramps' clip. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Awesome tone and playing as always. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

One take, eh? Anybody want some guitars? I don't think I'll need them anymore...

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Pete, that's WAY cool! Nice rippin'!

Priest, LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X