Come Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Back

OK, this actually belongs to a friend of mine, but after going through this part of the forum yesterday I thought some of you may enjoy it. If I remember correctly he used Acid for the drums and bass.

Come Back Scratch

[ November 20, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Rollin' Thunder ]
    How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Re: Come Back

reminds me of satriani...nice melody...hate the drums but the guitar playing is great...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

What he said. (DM)

Comment

come on!!
        No feedback here??????

I just realized this was here...
        [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

This is actually me playing.. A friend of mine thought it was cool and posted it.

Im no pro and could use the feedback...

on melody... as the recording itself sucks.

I used Acid for drums but tracked the Rhy and lead... lots of it is improv esp the outro....

[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

I was waiting to see how long it took you to figure out I put this up. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Nice sound. Nice phrasing. It could use some phrase changes to mix it up, maybe some harmony passages for variaty

I am no expert. By the time I set up backing tracks I am worn out. I find it hard to program drum and tempo changes and accents so all my home recording is flatter than I would like
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Vwall.... Sweet lead work! The backing trax (especially the cymbal splash-splash and bassy quality) are really driving me nuts... they are too loud in the mix and take away from the guitars. I can tell I'd like it a whole lot, if only it weren't drowned-out by that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Damn good playing! Cool picture of you and Vai on your site, too.

Keep on shreddin'!

Annah

Comment

Thanks Annah ;-)

And 83SanDimas...
                Indeedy! I am usually so burnt out after doing a backing track that half way thru I usually have lost all desire to even record.

In fact, that is my current dilemma.. (going on 9 months now)

The sever struggle to do EVERYTHING has me incapacitated to write, record and dang near even play guitar..

It is extremely frustrating for me.

Thankfully, I have teamed back up with members from 2 old bands (one of which we had a record deal back in the late 90's)

Having begun a new band project, I will now have the aid of musicians to give the songs more diversification.

First practice was last Thursday. It went really well...

Thanks to all for the constructive criticism. I really enjoy honest critiques..

Overall, this song was my first ever recording project at home on a PC so I feel it was an ok piece.. hoping to get more together...

Comment

Working...
                X